Anyone else find the Push 2 unplayable?

Discuss Push with other users.
Tarekith

Re: Anyone else find the Push 2 unplayable?

Post by Tarekith » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:45 am

It is definitely being worked on.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

starving student

Post by starving student » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:37 am

molefonken wrote:
starving student wrote:I end up asking this allot but only cause i'm immensely interested in push 2, have you asked support about it. To be frank I'm a little worried about these issues and wish there was at least an acknowledgment from ableton about them that went beyond the moderators. are they close to a breakthrough with solving these issues, are they in the phase of discovering solutions or do they already have the solutions and we're just waiting on implementation etc.. ?
Sir, you are right about you being immensely inetersted in push 2. Well, I am kind of myself, but they have acknowledged the problem already. They even tried to release a temporary/small fix a few beta updates back. Just be patient, I'm sure they are working on it.
well said.

starving student

Post by starving student » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:39 am

Tarekith wrote:It is definitely being worked on.
thanks t

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:33 am

i'm sure they are working on it, but it is a little disconcerting that they are having trouble coding a solid fix...

starving student

Post by starving student » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:56 am

if they were having trouble wouldn't they just get help from whomever did it for akai/push 1?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:48 am

Just keep in mind that not everyone plays Push the same way, so you don't want a fix for one group of users to alter how other people have gotten used to it too.
Tarekith

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:01 am

Tarekith wrote:Just keep in mind that not everyone plays Push the same way, so you don't want a fix for one group of users to alter how other people have gotten used to it too.
They just need to make a configurator tool of some sorts, so people can adjust things themselves.

I am currently running Ableton Live 9.6 beta 1 and do notice that I have to hit the pads a lot harder now to Reach 100% velocity. Not happy!

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:23 am

Guillermo Barrancos wrote:I am currently running Ableton Live 9.6 beta 1 and do notice that I have to hit the pads a lot harder now to Reach 100% velocity.
Thought it was just me...noticed this too and tried all sorts of pad configs. I really need to bash em to get 127. Try out orchestral brass patches and you'll really see how bad it is. Switch back and forth from normal mode to ACCENT, so you can easily hear how full velocity should sound like on any particular patch. And if i set the sensitivity high, it's hard to play in-between velocities.

Regardless of how people have gotten used to Push 2, it's a bit of a mess at the moment. Random velocity spikes, for example, is not something that one should be getting used to - especially on a high-end controller - it is a problem that needs sorting.

Latency in the pitchbend response
harder-to-control aftertouch
random velocity spikes
hard to reach 127 velocity

I know Ableton's working on it, which is good enough for me, but I am missing Push 1 more and more and wish I didn't sell it to my brother.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:12 am

What settings are you guys using on Push 2?
Tarekith

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:20 am

Guillermo Barrancos wrote: I am currently running Ableton Live 9.6 beta 1 and do notice that I have to hit the pads a lot harder now to Reach 100% velocity. Not happy!
it was mentioned in the beta notes that the interim 'fix' for the pad response would have that side effect...

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:25 am

Tarekith wrote:What settings are you guys using on Push 2?
I dither from 5-5-5 to 8-8-8, and all variations of settings inbetween.
fishmonkey wrote:
Guillermo Barrancos wrote: I am currently running Ableton Live 9.6 beta 1 and do notice that I have to hit the pads a lot harder now to Reach 100% velocity. Not happy!
it was mentioned in the beta notes that the interim 'fix' for the pad response would have that side effect...
ah yes...I forgot about that info.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:14 pm

Epic new beta release just now:

9.6b2 Release Notes
Changes for Push:

Under certain circumstances the record button on Push 2 would not pulse while Arrangement Record was active.

Surely this one is a test of patience, or a little prank? :)

https://www.ableton.com/en/help/article ... ase-notes/

Ah well...I chuckled at least.

Lowfront

Post by Lowfront » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:07 pm

Missing my push 1 more and more

My friend was over last night making fun of the random velocity spikes and how after touch pulsing doesn't work.

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:53 pm

fishmonkey wrote:
Well right now it´s crazy! For a lot of synth patches I have to literally smash the pads right now! :(

phenret44

Post by phenret44 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:51 am

I have a certain pad that gets stuck everytime I press it. I've tried changing the pad sensitivity, gain and dynamics. When playing keyboard mode with the chords I can press another part of the chord to get it to stop. In chromatic mode the sensitivity of the pad is way off. It doesn't register anything like any of the other pads. Anyone have an idea? Maybe I have a dud?