Still ridiculous 8 bar limit?

Discuss Push with other users.
irrelevance

Re: Still ridiculous 8 bar limit?

Post by irrelevance » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:33 am

cskracer wrote:
Edit: My only gripe is that they don't offer new versions as patches. Having to download the full 900MB every time they release a new beta seems a bit backward. We offer substantially smaller patches that users can download to upgrade to the latest version of the software we sell.
Auto update on beta is incremental and can be done in the background.

This is the workaround I used with push 1 to access longer loops:

While in note sequencer mode:

1: press clip button

Now you have access to ClipStrt, Position, End

2: Change ClipStrt to the bar position you want to start at (you may have to change End position depending on how long the original recording was)

3: Move out of the track with the cursor arrows (left or right {up or down restarts playback}) and back in and the sequencer is now at that new position ready to sequence.

For push 2 when you want to quickly access some point in a long loop rather than page through (very happy they added the page functionality!)

While in note sequencer layout

1: press clip button

2: change Start Offset position to the bar or place you need e.g. 5.1.1

3: press play then stop (play again)

4: Now Loop Length Control will start from the new Start Offset position.

cskracer

Post by cskracer » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:55 pm

irrelevance wrote: Auto update on beta is incremental and can be done in the background.
Excellent. Thanks for that info. Will turn it on.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:05 pm

cskracer wrote:
irrelevance wrote: Auto update on beta is incremental and can be done in the background.
Excellent. Thanks for that info. Will turn it on.
It's only certain updates that require a full re-download of Live, like 9.5.

The betas update incrementally in the background yes, and you cannot actually turn it off as far as I remember. I'm guessing this is most probably so the team don't have to deal with redundant bug reports, everyone being on the same version.

blof_eld

Post by blof_eld » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:46 am

I just wanted to add my 2c in here about Ableton.

I'm still a happy Push 1 user (although I would like to go to Push 2, just crossing my fingers that the price comes down somewhat), and I'm very impressed that Ableton even put out a statement saying that they intended to make all the new Simpler features available to Push 1 users.

Most companies seem to just forget their existing users, only telling them to buy the new hot item. I could mention a lot of very large multinational companies (and a few smaller ones), but I'll refrain from doing so.

I think they're doing a great job to be honest. No big software company is perfect, but they seem to fix most bugs and have a nice dialogue going with their users.