Oh no.. did i already "break" a Push 2 knob?

Discuss Push with other users.
GusHage

Oh no.. did i already "break" a Push 2 knob?

Post by GusHage » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:09 pm

sooooo... my tempo-knob (people call them something else, but I always forget their names), the one in the top right corner, is wiggling a little, and I can pull the plastic/rubber part off and put it back on.

I chekced, and it's the entire thing that has become a little loose, and not just the top-part.
I'm kinda sad, especially since I have no idea how it happened.

Anyone know of a way to fix it, or should I simply accept that "this happens"?
Has anyone experienced this? Can I complain to Ableton?

EDIT: It still works exactly the same, it's just not as tightly fitted.

Thanks

JonSolo

Re: Oh no.. did i already "break" a Push 2 knob?

Post by JonSolo » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:35 pm

Don't you mean in the top LEFT corner?

And oddly I just noticed that button on my Push 2 wiggles as well...just a little, but no where NEAR as firm as the other knobs!

My best guess is that the wiggle comes from the TYPE of pot that is being used. In this case it is an incremental pot (with "clicks") and the wiggle comes from the space needed to clear each "click".

I would imagine that EVERYONE's tempo knob does the same. And FWIW all the caps can be pulled off.

Nothing to worry about. Maybe some others will chime in with the same to put your mind at ease.
Windows 10 | Intel i7 4770 | 24 GB RAM | Scarlett 6i6 | Dual 27" monitors
Nektar Panorama P6 | Korg Kronos 88 | Push 2 | Maschine Mk2 | Blue Baby Bottle | JBL LSR308/310
Cubase Pro 8.5 | Ableton Live 9.7 | Reason 9 | FL Studio 12.3

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:45 pm

got a message from able guys about this knob, top left, theres nothing wrong, they used the best clickable knob (incremental pot) on the market, and it will not affect its durability

win 10, 16 gb ram, intel 8xcore i7-4790 cpu 3.60zh, propellerhead balance

http://lovelight.biz/

GusHage

Post by GusHage » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:52 pm

lovelight wrote:got a message from able guys about this knob, top left, theres nothing wrong, they used the best clickable knob (incremental pot) on the market, and it will not affect its durability

win 10, 16 gb ram, intel 8xcore i7-4790 cpu 3.60zh, propellerhead balance

http://lovelight.biz/
JonSolo wrote:Don't you mean in the top LEFT corner?

And oddly I just noticed that button on my Push 2 wiggles as well...just a little, but no where NEAR as firm as the other knobs!

My best guess is that the wiggle comes from the TYPE of pot that is being used. In this case it is an incremental pot (with "clicks") and the wiggle comes from the space needed to clear each "click".

I would imagine that EVERYONE's tempo knob does the same. And FWIW all the caps can be pulled off.

Nothing to worry about. Maybe some others will chime in with the same to put your mind at ease.
Thank you guys both for your answers! - yes, I meant left :)
good to now. I feel more calm now.

:D

ObtuseMoose

Post by ObtuseMoose » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:31 pm

Just FYI, here's a link to the official explanation for the different feel of the tempo encoder:

viewtopic.php?p=1681935#p1681935

--
Moose
"all the musical ability of a blocked nostril"