Push 2 has blank screen until I click on/off in midi prefs

Discuss Push with other users.
drum infected

Push 2 has blank screen until I click on/off in midi prefs

Post by drum infected » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:03 am

Hello fellow push users. I've had this issue since I bought the push 2. It will fully turn on about 30% of the time, but most of the time I have to go into the preferences and then go to the midi selection and for the inputs for push 2, if I click off the remote button and then click it again to turn it back on, the push 2 finally lights up fully and I see the whole screen working.

Has anyone else run into this or know a solution? I usually turn Live on first and then turn on my push, but have tried to turn on push first before ableton and it doesn't make a difference for getting it to fully turn on. What is the proper method for turning it on? do you do it before or after you turn on push?

If anyone could help with this issue about getting my push to fully turn on I'd greatly appreciate it and thanks for reading this.

Tarekith

Re: Push 2 has blank screen until I click on/off in midi prefs

Post by Tarekith » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:29 am

Make sure that the USB cable is fully seated in Push, that's caught a few users out. If that doesn't work, definitely contact support@ableton.com and see if they have any other suggestions.

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:05 pm

Same problem here with the latest beta version, sometimes it turns on if i open a new clean project and open a vst in a midi track, sometimes when i have a big project it wont start at all, even if i turn Push 2 on and of in pref, or back the hardware. The first button i will break would be the on and off back of push 2.... ive used it 100000 times now.

I found one way to make it work, i look in the task manager, and if Push2DisplayProcess isent running and shows up there, ill go back to programdata/ Ableton/Live 9.5 Beta/ program, and click Push2DisplayProcess.exe, thats works so far, only done it 2 times...

and it dosent worked either, im really tired not being able to enjoy Push 2 when i want.

Think i got it, this is from able help : https://www.ableton.com/en/help/article ... urther-win.. Please navigate to the Device Manager, drop down the Universal Serial Bus Controllers section, and find the port to which Push 2 is connected. Some investigation is required to find the correct entry, but it will likely be under a 'USB Root Hub' if connected directly to the computer. To be certain, Push 2 will labelled as a 'USB Composite Device' with 500mA power requirement.
Which USB device is Push
Please then navigate to the Power Management' tab and make sure that the following setting is unchecked: "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".
Disable Power Saving

https://www.ableton.com/en/help/article ... urther-win

work one time, and then not..

win 10, 64 bit, 16 gb ram, intel 8xcore i7-4790 cpu 3.60zh, propellerhead balance

https://www.facebook.com/AbletonPushVstRacks/

http://lovelight.biz/

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:01 pm

maybe this is working, it works so far for me ( win 10 64 bit) : right click the Live start logo before running Live, and untick the compatibility for running this program with Windows 8

it seems to work with every projects i open so far :)

after 3 hours work, opent and shut down alot of projects, not a single problem with Push 2 ,im very happy :)

win 10, 64 bit, 16 gb ram, intel 8xcore i7-4790 cpu 3.60zh, propellerhead balance

drum infected

Post by drum infected » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:00 am

Tarekith wrote:Make sure that the USB cable is fully seated in Push, that's caught a few users out. If that doesn't work, definitely contact support@ableton.com and see if they have any other suggestions.
Thanks for advice. This was a problem I was having before when it said usb not recognized and the problem was, like you said i didn't push the usb in hard enough but this is a different issue.
lovelight wrote:Same problem here with the latest beta version, sometimes it turns on if i open a new clean project and open a vst in a midi track, sometimes when i have a big project it wont start at all, even if i turn Push 2 on and of in pref, or back the hardware. The first button i will break would be the on and off back of push 2.... ive used it 100000 times now.

I found one way to make it work, i look in the task manager, and if Push2DisplayProcess isent running and shows up there, ill go back to programdata/ Ableton/Live 9.5 Beta/ program, and click Push2DisplayProcess.exe, thats works so far, only done it 2 times...

and it dosent worked either, im really tired not being able to enjoy Push 2 when i want.

Think i got it, this is from able help : https://www.ableton.com/en/help/article ... urther-win.. Please navigate to the Device Manager, drop down the Universal Serial Bus Controllers section, and find the port to which Push 2 is connected. Some investigation is required to find the correct entry, but it will likely be under a 'USB Root Hub' if connected directly to the computer. To be certain, Push 2 will labelled as a 'USB Composite Device' with 500mA power requirement.
Which USB device is Push
Please then navigate to the Power Management' tab and make sure that the following setting is unchecked: "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".
Disable Power Saving

https://www.ableton.com/en/help/article ... urther-win

work one time, and then not..

Thanks for the info, I will definitely give this a try and see if it fixes the problem and I'll report back.

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:03 am

this push2display should come up automatically,and it do now after this, so the thing that did the work for me was right click the Live logo and untick the run this program in compatibility for windows 8, its working, and my push starts everytime, but im on window 10.

best of luck :)

drum infected

Post by drum infected » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:06 am

Update: Ok I'm back guys and I tried what you posted in the link to uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" box, and it was actually checked so I was hoping that was the issue, but I still run into the same problem. :?

The next step they advise about disconnecting push and going into the usb devices and uninstall and move to a new usb port instructions were kinda off, because if you disconnect the push the usb devices section will just disappear so you can't even get into the push 2 display to uninstall it, the push 2 needs to be on in order to do so. So I tried to uninstall it while on and install again with no luck. I did see that in the midi prefs there is 2 options for push one says push 2 and the other says push 2 (port 2) so maybe one of you can get it to work fine with the other port but I still had no luck.

only thing I see working is a beta update perhaps? I think did see some beta release notes on them fixing this issue on a newer beta version correct me if i'm wrong.

Still no solution so far though :*(

justsayk

Post by justsayk » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:25 pm

Did you mean to say that the box was already unchecked instead of that it was already checked when you looked at it? Because it needs to be unchecked. It took me a couple tries to get it right.

drum infected

Post by drum infected » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:56 am

justsayk wrote:Did you mean to say that the box was already unchecked instead of that it was already checked when you looked at it? Because it needs to be unchecked. It took me a couple tries to get it right.
Nah actually it was checked, and I unchecked it as advised. It still didn't fix the issue though.

UPDATE: The past few days I downloaded the beta 9.5.1b6, like ableton support asked me to do and tried that, but push 2 still just shows a blank screen, until I go into the Midi prefs under midi ports and click off and on the track button or if i select Ableton Push 2 (port 2) from the input dropdown menu or back to the other choice which is Ableton Push 2. There's two choices for push 2 under inputs. Push 2 and Push 2 (port 2). I tried them both but when I open up ableton and push 2 it just shows the push logo and then goes blank after that, until I do what I previously mentioned.

Guess it's time to contact ableton again and let them know it didn't work.

YILA

Post by YILA » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:15 pm

Hey,

I've got the same problem in only one session, starts up, push 2 screen shows up for a few seconds than it is gone,
please help!
i work on macbook air, os 10.11.2
Scan i5 in the studio. Dual core Pc laptop, 13inch macbookpro,RME fireface 800,live 8.1,operator. drum machines Myspace Soundcloud Youtube Twitter

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:50 pm

Hi and happy new year!

I have found that if there are more (hidden) instances of push display driver and/or other hidden push drivers that display problems occur on my win 7 machine. So reveal hidden devices and delete all hidden instances and see how you go.

nodog

Post by nodog » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:02 am

Hi
I have also had the problem of push 2 not displayin a wav form in simpler. Push 2 did display when i first got the machine . I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver. unchecked power idabling in device manager. i also installed and tried the new beta version wjich also did not cure the issue. I see in prefernces push2 and also push 2 (port 2) which mat cause a conflict i dont see how to remove the port 2 entry. Push also does not switch itself on when booted consistently as if fails often to come on all of which is frustrating. I still do not have a functioning wav form in push two.

JimmyLemper

Post by JimmyLemper » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:27 pm

So how did this end? I've received my Push 2 today but am experiencing the same issue.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:00 pm

If you open Lives MIDI preferences, check to make sure that Push2 isn't listed twice as a control surface. If it is, unselect one of them.

JimmyLemper

Post by JimmyLemper » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:12 pm

Tarekith wrote:If you open Lives MIDI preferences, check to make sure that Push2 isn't listed twice as a control surface. If it is, unselect one of them.
Thank you for your reply. These are my preferences:

I tried to put all on none and then restarting the push with the power button in which it should automatically get it to work properly. Except it automatically push the midi ports in Ableton Push 2 (Port 2). Don't know how to get this fixed. Any ideas?