Convert to drumpad help

Discuss Push with other users.
AKROC

Convert to drumpad help

Post by AKROC » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:46 am

Does anyone know how to change the default drum rack that is created when using the convert from simpler to drumpad function on push 2?
I have a drum rack with a simpler and a Marco for transpose that I want to be the default drum rack used when I convert from simpler to drum rack. I thought there would be a 'convert to drum rack' default in the user/defaults folder, but there's not.

tedlogan

Re: Convert to drumpad help

Post by tedlogan » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:18 pm

I was searching for an answer too, but did not find one. I browsed through the Defaults folder in the User Library just to be sure there's no category I'm missing. I don't want Simplers defaulting to PLay-through mode at all when converting from Sliced Simplers. Classic mode is far more useful to me. Not a massive deal to change each's mode, but these small things make for a big difference workflow-wise.

AKROC

Re: Convert to drumpad help

Post by AKROC » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:57 pm

Yeah exactly. I've found that using the 'pad slicing' mode to chop up samples kinda sucks when working fast, it constantly accidentally creates new slices. It's super annoying. I was hoping to convert a single sample from simpler>drum pad. And then quickly change the start time of the sample, then copy and paste to a new pad and repeat (like how you chop in maschine). a default simpler to drumpad option would be key.