Push 2 Hot Swap SAMPLE doesn't work!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
ze2be

Re: Push 2 Hot Swap SAMPLE doesn't work!

Post by ze2be » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:54 am

This is sooo strange. And its the same without Push as well. (I dont have Push) Im currently auditioning and archiving tens of thousands of drum samples, and now got a tennis arm pain and also neck pain from mouse drag and drop every single sample to a rack with Sampler. So I went through the manual and now this forum to see if I was missing something with the hot swap function. Well, you can make Simpler or Sampler have a default setting when dropping samples to them. But it still breaks all macros each and every time, both with 9 and 10.0.5!!

I cant believe there is still no solution for this after all these years.

Update: Ok, it works but only with Simpler. (Its a second swap button down to the right at the waveform window when hovering with the mouse) The new Simpler is better then the old so its ok to replace Sampler for my drum use for now..

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:02 am

ze2be wrote:Update: Ok, it works but only with Simpler. (Its a second swap button down to the right at the waveform window when hovering with the mouse) The new Simpler is better then the old so its ok to replace Sampler for my drum use for now..
It works with your mouse, but you can't key or midi map that simpler hot swap sample button, there is no shortcut for it and it doesn't work when browsing on Push.
If you use Push, you loose all your macro's, and even worse, the whole rack chain of that drum cell.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:54 pm

Sarrova-Q wrote:
ze2be wrote:Update: Ok, it works but only with Simpler. (Its a second swap button down to the right at the waveform window when hovering with the mouse) The new Simpler is better then the old so its ok to replace Sampler for my drum use for now..
It works with your mouse, but you can't key or midi map that simpler hot swap sample button, there is no shortcut for it and it doesn't work when browsing on Push.
If you use Push, you loose all your macro's, and even worse, the whole rack chain of that drum cell.
I see..

I was considering finally getting the Push 2, but obviously not before this is fixed. Unfortunatly im not very optimistic about this ever happening.

Does Bitwig have a solution for this with Push or other controllers?

Danny Mal

Post by Danny Mal » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:53 am

+1 For this.

Has this actually been posted this as a feature request?

hiphopdontstop

Post by hiphopdontstop » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:28 pm

Drives me insane. Can't hot swap anything in my Drum Rack, when the default Simpler/track has some macros assigned to the Drum Rack... (transpose, filter cutoff).

What works? The mouse.

You can drag a sample into the Simpler, and it keeps the settings.

Push 2? Nope.

Any browsing from Push 2 hardware removes the Simpler I need to keep in the track, and removes my macros.

Terrible workflow killer, as we're trying to work LESS with the mouse.

adhmzaiusz

Post by adhmzaiusz » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:33 am

I CAME HERE JUST TO SAY WHAT THE HELL!

WHAT THE WHY!!!

mertafor

Post by mertafor » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:04 pm

You're building a device to make possible users to stay away from keyboard and mouse, but it can't even load a sample into a virtual device (sampler / simpler) without resetting the device. Ableton always amazes me in good ways but sometimes in the most horrible ways. And worst, I've read somewhere that they claim this is intentional workflow due to .adg files or something. Yet, result is the same with .aif and .wav anyways.

I was hoping finally I can work with a DAW instead of hardware samplers yet again here we are. A limitation doesn't make any sense from one of the most flexible tools out there.

By the way Ableton 11 is coming, I'm trying out the beta and it hasn't been addressed. Which means it'll never happen until push 3 or whatever new controller coming out.