Lowfront

How to change color of individual drum pads

Post by Lowfront » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:10 pm

How would I be able to do this?

Like on the maschine you can color code each drum pad easily

Jbvdb

Re: How to change color of individual drum pads

Post by Jbvdb » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:21 am

You can only change clip colour with the mouse by right clicking so I can only assume if it's possible in dum racks you would have to use the mouse as well!

taoyoyo

Post by taoyoyo » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:49 pm

We're not able to change the Pad color (which I'd love to be able to do a la Maschine)

Not quite as good but you can change the individual Drum Chain track in a Drum Rack (so the Track buttons under the display can have a customized color, which is at least handy for the Mixer settings).
http://taoyoyo.com

Late 2011 15" Macbook Pro | 10.8.4 | RME Babyface

Jbvdb

Post by Jbvdb » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:17 am

taoyoyo wrote:We're not able to change the Pad color (which I'd love to be able to do a la Maschine)

Not quite as good but you can change the individual Drum Chain track in a Drum Rack (so the Track buttons under the display can have a customized color, which is at least handy for the Mixer settings).
Did not know that thanks!

4T

Post by 4T » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:46 pm

Coming over from Maschine, the lack of pad coloring is one of the first things I noticed. Hopefully Ableton can introduce this flexibility in a near future update.

When using 64 pad mode especially, having every single pad the same color doesn't help if one wants to know which pads are kicks, snares etc.
Former MPC & Maschine User.

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:55 pm

4T wrote:Coming over from Maschine, the lack of pad coloring is one of the first things I noticed. Hopefully Ableton can introduce this flexibility in a near future update.

When using 64 pad mode especially, having every single pad the same color doesn't help if one wants to know which pads are kicks, snares etc.
b :!: