Komplete Kontrol parameter communication with Push 2

Discuss Push with other users.
Teenage Engineering OP-2

Komplete Kontrol parameter communication with Push 2

Post by Teenage Engineering OP-2 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:58 pm

Hi everyone,

A question about Native Instruments' Komplete Kontrol (the software browser that houses all their instruments, not the keyboard) and Push 2.

When loading plugins (AU format) via Komplete Kontrol and choosing new presets, the parameter values of the presets appropriately changes on the Push display to reflect the new values of the new preset, however, the visual representation, the circular graphic, does not. The consequence of this behavior is that you no longer have the workflow of a fully digital preset recall system. It works more like traditional hardware: if, for example, the filter cutoff is presently fully open (value of 1.0 on the Push display), then I choose a new preset whose filter cutoff is at different value (say 0.5) and then I adjust the filter cutoff via the Push encoder, the filter value starts moving from the 1.0 value, not the 0.5 value. So it's like traditional hardware with knob behavior set to "Absolute Mode."

Is there a way to have the circular graphic update upon preset changes while using Komplete Kontrol? And does the VST version (on OSX) share the same limitation?

Some additional information. Komplete Kontrol appears to be particularly opaque as it does not communicate some other data to Push, while if I load that same plugin directly via Reaktor, the Push display shows more information: parameters mapped to Push are more informatively titled (like showing initials [LP, HP, BP] for the available filter types instead of the default numerical value range of 0 to 1.0, where LP is chosen if you choose a range of 0.0-0.2) and more readily adjustable/comprehensible (a parameter, like Osc. Octave, with only a few selections, rather than full range of values like Resonance, will display a circular graphic that's segmented into just those few selections, making it easier to see and choose your desired Octave).

Thank you for any help.