Push 3 & Live 10

Discuss Push with other users.
Digital Diezel

Re: Push 3 & Live 10

Post by Digital Diezel » Wed May 17, 2017 2:31 pm

Looking forward to a standalone Push 3. Does not need to be touch screen though.
Ableton 10, we need a mixer, chord progressions (J74 just buy his joint and integrate it, or steal Cubase's kungfu), VCA's Fader's and updates to the EQ 8 (again steal Cubase's EQ kungfu). Basically just steal all the good shit from everyone else and place it into the Ableton feng shui. OOOOH!! Partner with Expert Sleepers and integrate Silent Way.

TomKern

Post by TomKern » Wed May 24, 2017 11:41 am

People. Ableton will NEVER make a standalone Push. And that's a good thing. It's not their field of expertise.

Get a Novation Circuit or better yet one of the new Korg Electribes (they even export as .als) and be done with it.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed May 24, 2017 9:47 pm

TomKern wrote:People. Ableton will NEVER make a standalone Push. And that's a good thing. It's not their field of expertise.

Get a Novation Circuit or better yet one of the new Korg Electribes (they even export as .als) and be done with it.
One of my major collaborators just unpacked a new MPC Live. It has potentially everything. Future will tell what it can do.
Make some music!

chudslayer

Post by chudslayer » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:25 pm

Digital Diezel wrote:Looking forward to a standalone Push 3. Does not need to be touch screen though.
Definitely would never happen, for all the reasons others have said.

Fortunately though, for people who want something like this, other companies are attempting similar things. The new standalone MPC Live and MPC X seem like a very ambitious attempt to realize something along the lines of standalone hardware DAW with flexibility similar to live. Elektron Digitakt and Toraiz SP-12 are interesting too
Partner with Expert Sleepers and integrate Silent Way.
now that's a cool idea!! and perfectly in line with Live's philosophy IMO

magge73

Post by magge73 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:11 pm

Digital Diezel wrote:Looking forward to a standalone Push 3. Does not need to be touch screen though.
Ableton 10, we need a mixer, chord progressions (J74 just buy his joint and integrate it, or steal Cubase's kungfu), VCA's Fader's and updates to the EQ 8 (again steal Cubase's EQ kungfu). Basically just steal all the good shit from everyone else and place it into the Ableton feng shui. OOOOH!! Partner with Expert Sleepers and integrate Silent Way.
+100 for the expert sleepers partnering idea!

G-force

Post by G-force » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:28 am

Like Push--this is the future! More dedicated hardware integration! Like Sonic Academy. True 1:1 control of VST software. C'mon Abes! Get to it! :wink: Image

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:45 pm

But if that is going to exist soon, there isn't really a need for Ableton to make it? It'll be great if they implement support for it though

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:06 am

chudslayer wrote:The new standalone MPC Live and MPC X seem like a very ambitious attempt to realize something along the lines of standalone hardware DAW with flexibility similar to live.
Since the 1st generation of Push was made in partnership with AKAI, I wonder if they have a mutual relationship, like Ableton is behind the MPC Software. Even the product name contains "Live" in it. On certain parts it looks like a simpler - more modern Ableton Live, just with a different (more MPC oriented) vibe. Now the MPC Software 2.0 Desktop Version has been released with 64-bit audio, even the Cubase Elements 9.5 got a 64-bit mixing engine. Hopefully when Live 10 is being released, it will also feature that. Also it would be cool is Push 2 can be used as an MPC Software controller, just for a different environment to play around with.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:16 am

crystalmsc wrote: Since the 1st generation of Push was made in partnership with AKAI, I wonder if they have a mutual relationship, like Ableton is behind the MPC Software. Even the product name contains "Live" in it. On certain parts it looks like a simpler - more modern Ableton Live, just with a different (more MPC oriented) vibe. Now the MPC Software 2.0 has been released with 64-bit audio, even the Cubase Elements 9.5 got a 64-bit mixing engine. Hopefully when Live 10 is being released, it will also feature that. Also it would be cool is Push 2 can be used as an MPC Software controller, just for a different environment to play around with.
What are you talking about? Live is already summing in 64 bits. There's no need for 64 bit audio in the audio bus! Higher numbers do not always equal better audio.

And MPC Live is nothing like Live. It's crap more or less with more limitations than I'll waste my time to list. Great audio though already since before. And I like the buttons.
Make some music!

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:20 pm

Stromkraft wrote:Live is already summing in 64 bits.
It's more than that https://youtu.be/_3jtkuWAOP4

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:29 pm

crystalmsc wrote:
Stromkraft wrote:Live is already summing in 64 bits.
It's more than that https://youtu.be/_3jtkuWAOP4
No, that's all there is to it. If you don't understand this you do not understand the technology of digital audio. There's plenty of sources to learn from. I'd suggest not just any youtube video.
Make some music!

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:47 pm

Will dig more about the 64bit stuff, it's getting more interesting.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:19 pm

crystalmsc wrote:Will dig more about the 64bit stuff, it's getting more interesting.
"calculates your summing, mixing and effects processing with double-precision accuracy, performing each task with the utmost level of detail, dynamics and transparency."
I might be inclined to accept some merit for the internal processing of audio effects (bolded above) to be done in 64bit or 48bit as Waves uses,, but I seriously doubt quality results rely on going over 32bit processing. There may be some specific applications where this can be beneficial, but I'd assume they're few..

Hopefully a real developer will chime in here and shine some light on this.

For the audio engine, the bus, I maintain my strong belief going over 32bit floating point is a destination with very small advantages, if any at all. Which doesn't mean I cannot be convinced by real world examples and well written and logically coherent arguments. Needless to say, I find marketing speak to be not very convincing.
Make some music!

ash1

Post by ash1 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:23 pm

there wont be a push 3

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:27 pm

ash1 wrote:there wont be a push 3
Never? That's it?
Make some music!