Push 3 & Live 10

Come here to discuss Push with other users.
For tech support, please head to http://www.ableton.com/help
Stromkraft

Re: Push 3 & Live 10

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:19 pm

crystalmsc wrote:Will dig more about the 64bit stuff, it's getting more interesting.
"calculates your summing, mixing and effects processing with double-precision accuracy, performing each task with the utmost level of detail, dynamics and transparency."
I might be inclined to accept some merit for the internal processing of audio effects (bolded above) to be done in 64bit or 48bit as Waves uses,, but I seriously doubt quality results rely on going over 32bit processing. There may be some specific applications where this can be beneficial, but I'd assume they're few..

Hopefully a real developer will chime in here and shine some light on this.

For the audio engine, the bus, I maintain my strong belief going over 32bit floating point is a destination with very small advantages, if any at all. Which doesn't mean I cannot be convinced by real world examples and well written and logically coherent arguments. Needless to say, I find marketing speak to be not very convincing.
Make some music!

ash1

Post by ash1 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:23 pm

there wont be a push 3

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:27 pm

ash1 wrote:there wont be a push 3
Never? That's it?
Make some music!

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:52 pm

Push 3 is at least 1-2 years away IMO.
Live 10,Push 2, Maschine MK3 & KK S61 MK2, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind 12D, K-2,Roland MC-707, Komplete 12, Minitaur,TC Electronics M1XL, Waves Audio Beta tester
Get 10% off Waves Plugins https://www.waves.com/r/r0z5tks

CH7

Post by CH7 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:38 pm

crystalmsc wrote:No Push 3 before Push Touch :idea:

Live 10 will be all about touch interface
Push Touch?

I was thinking if a third party were to come out with a digitiser screen which you stuck over the existing led screen it would provide this functionality at reduced upgrade costs.

The interface could be either bluetooth or usb, and you would only have to calibrate it once for it to be recognised. Then it would just be a case of the existing sw recognising the new input device, which would be used to duplicate/ supliment the normal buttons and knobs.

The same hardware could be used by the rival maschine mk3 controller.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:43 pm

CH7 wrote:
I was thinking if a third party were to come out with a digitiser screen which you stuck over the existing led screen it would provide this functionality at reduced upgrade costs.
Get you card out then;
RAVEN MTi2, Multi-Touch Production Console

I decided that (screen) touch for music production is best done on the iPad Pros. For something like Live using hardware controllers makes so much more sense. Maybe for hobbyists, but holding your arms out in front of you for a whole day is a no can do for a whole lot of professionals.
Make some music!