Is it possible to use both pitch bend and modulation wheel

Discuss Push with other users.
drum infected

Is it possible to use both pitch bend and modulation wheel

Post by drum infected » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:02 am

Hello forum community,

I tried to search for this on the internet and these forums but couldn't find anything. I wanted to know if it's possible to make use the modulation wheel and the pitch bend at the same time? for instance on most keyboards you get the joystick knob for pitch and modulation wheel X and Y at the same time. Just curious if there's a way to combine the two like a keyboard joystick knob in some way. I know the push strip is only Y and not X, so not sure how that would really work, maybe with pressing a pad while using the strip?

Thanks for your time to read this.

FrancisBegbie

Re: Is it possible to use both pitch bend and modulation wheel

Post by FrancisBegbie » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:46 pm

drum infected wrote:Hello forum community,

I tried to search for this on the internet and these forums but couldn't find anything. I wanted to know if it's possible to make use the modulation wheel and the pitch bend at the same time? for instance on most keyboards you get the joystick knob for pitch and modulation wheel X and Y at the same time. Just curious if there's a way to combine the two like a keyboard joystick knob in some way. I know the push strip is only Y and not X, so not sure how that would really work, maybe with pressing a pad while using the strip?

You can use a max4live patch which you can map as you want. Here is an example of a pitch bend device
http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... pitch-bend.
i am sure you find a modulation wheel device also.

drum infected

Re: Is it possible to use both pitch bend and modulation wheel

Post by drum infected » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:02 am

FrancisBegbie wrote:
drum infected wrote:Hello forum community,

You can use a max4live patch which you can map as you want. Here is an example of a pitch bend device
http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... pitch-bend.
i am sure you find a modulation wheel device also.

Thanks a bunch I'll give that a shot.