Writing / changing to new song sections with Push

Discuss Push with other users.
mjwalker

Writing / changing to new song sections with Push

Post by mjwalker » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:32 am

Loving the Push so far... so much potential!

I've been able to improvise a full layered track in a few minutes, and it sounds great, but I was wondering how you tackle changing to different parts of the song while writing the songs on the spot? For example - verse to chorus, or chorus to bridge.

What I love about the Push is that it's so spontaneous and fluid, and I can maintain that fluidity while stacking parts on top of each other, creating them on the spot. But when you want to switch to a different progression or a different part of the song, do you usually have to stop all the instruments and create the new section from scratch? Or is there a more fluid way that I am missing?

Maybe duplicating all tracks, then stopping and rerecording each part that needs to change?

Thanks!

Michael

Es-K

Re: Writing / changing to new song sections with Push

Post by Es-K » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:33 pm

go to scene view, duplicate whatever you want to use as your base to create new section (IE only duplicate drums), then start layering up new sounds. you can accomplish all this without stopping the track too

hope that makes sense!

Tarekith

Re: Writing / changing to new song sections with Push

Post by Tarekith » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:39 pm

I tend to duplicate the scene, then delete the clips I want to do something different with. So maybe I'll keep the drums, but delete the lead so I can record a new version. Once you get the hang of deleting clips from session view, you can do it quick enough mid-performance that you don't need to stop.