Push 1 - Arrange Record taking priority of the Record button

Discuss Push with other users.
Stromkraft

Re: Push 1 - Arrange Record taking priority of the Record button

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:22 pm

Johnisfaster wrote: So while you are recording into arrange view if you push the red circle on your push it fires clip recording without ending arrange record?
I'll make a new test to make sure exactly what I did and my prefs, but I was at least able to record to Arrangement and to another armed track in Session at the same time.
Make some music!

scheffkoch

Post by scheffkoch » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:24 pm

...yep, it's possible but unfortunately now (after the update) not by hitting the "record" button on push...
macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:33 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
Johnisfaster wrote: So while you are recording into arrange view if you push the red circle on your push it fires clip recording without ending arrange record?
I'll make a new test to make sure exactly what I did and my prefs, but I was at least able to record to Arrangement and to another armed track in Session at the same time.
You can still trigger an empty clip slot to record into it but you can't use the record button while recording into arrange. It's incredibly annoying.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:26 pm

I decided to contact support. Maybe they'll fix it in a coming update.

Edit: It turns out the preferred behavior is debated at Ableton and they are working on a solution that makes everyone happy. Although I honestly can't see any reason this was could possibly be preferred. Seems like relatively good news though.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.