Best way to deal with Reaktor Ensembles?

Discuss Push with other users.
recyclinglostcities

Best way to deal with Reaktor Ensembles?

Post by recyclinglostcities » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:57 pm

I'm curious how other Reaktor users are using it along with Push/Push 2. I tried using the options.txt file in Live for a while, but that mostly presented gibberish parameters for any user ensembles. The only real option I've found is to configure the ensemble in an instrument rack in Live and save that. While workable, it isn't ideal. Has anyone found a better method for using them together?

Stromkraft

Re: Best way to deal with Reaktor Ensembles?

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:39 am

recyclinglostcities wrote:I'm curious how other Reaktor users are using it along with Push/Push 2. I tried using the options.txt file in Live for a while, but that mostly presented gibberish parameters for any user ensembles. The only real option I've found is to configure the ensemble in an instrument rack in Live and save that. While workable, it isn't ideal. Has anyone found a better method for using them together?
I simply renamed the parameters in my synths of Reaktor as I wanted them and saved that ensemble  separately — which you absolutely should do too* —  and then I made all synths parameter by parameter and saved this ensemble as a Live preset that I have among my user library presets.

There's also the option using Ubermap, which additionally gives you Bank names but does take some time to get into.

*This is important because if you just make changes to the factory ensembles you risk your changes being replaced by updates and re-installations.
Make some music!