Ubermap for Push 2 (VST/AU parameter remapping)

Discuss Push with other users.
TinAxe106

Re: Ubermap for Push 2 (VST/AU parameter remapping)

Post by TinAxe106 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:31 pm

Worked it out - had not followed Tom's instructions carefully enough.

Just sent the great man a tenner as thanks to him, I am now programming my VSTs like hardware and at lightspeed on Push 2 (once you change BANK for a meaningful word like Filter, sound design is a breeze).
Have copied my donation email below - we need to look after people like Tom since Ableton (perhaps inevitably) cannot please all of us all of the time - BUT PLEASE, ABLETON, INCLUDE THIS ESSENTIAL, FUNCTIONALITY AS STANDARD.

---------------------

Hi Tom,

Here's a tenner to say thank you for taking the time to work out how to make Push 2 show bank names, parameters etc. when using third party VSTs. It absolutely transforms their usability, quickness to programme etc.

Cannot believe that this functionality is not built into Live and worried about updated versions changing the python code and you not having the time/inclination to adjust your code/"fix" accordingly. Please keep up the great work - forever!

Kind regards, Charlie.

Chingy

Post by Chingy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:31 am

TinAxe106 wrote:Worked it out - had not followed Tom's instructions carefully enough.
What ended up being the issue? I am trying to get it to work on OS X and having some trouble with Live 9.7.1. I believe the install worked as expect because I'm getting cfg files generated in the Ubermap directory, but they don't contain any parameter names at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

doublestop

Post by doublestop » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:52 pm

Chingy wrote:
TinAxe106 wrote:Worked it out - had not followed Tom's instructions carefully enough.
What ended up being the issue? I am trying to get it to work on OS X and having some trouble with Live 9.7.1. I believe the install worked as expect because I'm getting cfg files generated in the Ubermap directory, but they don't contain any parameter names at all.

For what it's worth, I was successful in getting it to work! My main difficulty turned out to be my own confusion about where the editable configuration file is located. If you are looking in the wrong library location, you could be editing a file that is not making any difference because it is not being "read" by Ubermap. In my case I had several Use library locations from past configuration. Once I found the correct location I discovered that the changes I made worked, as documented.

Chingy

Post by Chingy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:27 am

doublestop wrote:
Chingy wrote:

For what it's worth, I was successful in getting it to work! My main difficulty turned out to be my own confusion about where the editable configuration file is located. If you are looking in the wrong library location, you could be editing a file that is not making any difference because it is not being "read" by Ubermap. In my case I had several Use library locations from past configuration. Once I found the correct location I discovered that the changes I made worked, as documented.
I ended up going with PrEditor instead. Costs money, but is working great so far.

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:20 am

Hey. Is there any possibility to prevent Ubermap from making new .cfg files?

I created a few mappings for my favourite software, but I don't want Ubermap to make hundreds of automatic files for ALL my plugins.

Thank you!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:34 pm

Sarrova-Q wrote:Hey. Is there any possibility to prevent Ubermap from making new .cfg files?

I created a few mappings for my favourite software, but I don't want Ubermap to make hundreds of automatic files for ALL my plugins.

Thank you!

It's too long ago I used it, but to me this sounds like you need to read the documentation. Because this scenario is in there.
Make some music!

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:45 pm

Hmmm nope, sorry I couldn't find it. Thanks anyway! If anyone can point me to the solution, I would be really grateful.

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:06 am

Sarrova-Q wrote:Hey. Is there any possibility to prevent Ubermap from making new .cfg files?

Thank you!

Nobody?

Would really love to have this possibility. Thanks!

cohamill

Post by cohamill » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:45 pm

[deleted]

XPM

Post by XPM » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:30 pm

Is ubermap still an active tool? I've tried to install it on Windows 10 and live 10, using the installation guide, but had no luck.

Given the time since the last post on here and the last update on the github, I was just wondering if it was still functioning OK?

Lovelights

Post by Lovelights » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:26 pm

I just saw this post is still running, so I will in that case just let new people know that there has been made a lot of new Push Vst Racks since 2017, updates etc. So if you want to control your favourite VST with Push 1 or 2 without mousing for presets and looking at your computer all the time, why not try out some vst racks for your Push here, there are also free racks to try out:

https://www.facebook.com/AbletonPushVstRacks/

http://www.lovelight.biz

Trigonometrie

Post by Trigonometrie » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:19 pm

Hi there is this still alive?
Anyone still using it successfully?
Been thinking of installing it with my push 2 and live 10 but don't want to mess up things so wanted to double check before installing...

alenauta

Post by alenauta » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:41 am

I've just fixed the compatibility with Live 10.1
I did that for my personal use, if anyone wants to use the modified Ubermap the link is: https://github.com/alenauta/ubermap
As always no guarantees of any kind, but it's working for me with Push 2 and Ableton 10.1

vokinpirks

Post by vokinpirks » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:12 pm

Fixed for Live 11 too. Here's the repo https://github.com/vokinpirks/ubermap
I also have made some quite noticeable changes to the way ubermap works. All are documented in the readme.
Unfortunately, there is no way to have just the fix for live 11 without the other chages I've made. I just wasn't planning to release this in public when I made those. So be careful, the changes are breaking. Although, I think it shouldn't take too much time to adapt your existing configs to them. I myself have used a powerchell command which I've found on Stackoverflow to mass rename config files.
You can ask me questions regarding my version and I'll answer them when I have spare time (usually I got some).
An obsessive knob twiddler

vokinpirks

Post by vokinpirks » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:22 pm

Sarrova-Q wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:06 am

Thank you!

Nobody?

Would really love to have this possibility. Thanks!
Apparently, you don't need this anymore and you even don't use Ubermap but I wanna let you know (just in case) that I made exactly what you've requested. The link is above.
An obsessive knob twiddler