>>>> General PUSH ONE - Answers & Questions

Discuss Push with other users.
Tagor

>>>> General PUSH ONE - Answers & Questions

Post by Tagor » Tue May 31, 2016 5:24 am

Anyone still stick with the Push 1 ?

I just hope PXT will be supported over LIVEten-Cycle...
and also hopefully Live10 will run PUSH ONE.

already saving for PUSH-3...for the TWOth-Series i just took a NOT BUY! pricy thing..
hopefully PUSH-3 will work with Live9.. hahahhah

or will be an expensive upgrade month..

Stromkraft

Re: >>>> General PUSH ONE - Answers & Questions

Post by Stromkraft » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:07 pm

Tagor wrote:Anyone still stick with the Push 1 ?
Yes.
Tagor wrote:
I just hope PXT will be supported over LIVEten-Cycle...
That's too early to know much about as that depends on many things like how Ableton makes the API available and so on. I think it's somewhat wise by Ableton to keep basic compatibility and let later Pushes enhance the experience with unique features only available on Push 2 and later.

As it looks now I think a new Nativekontrol product for Push 2 is likely and keeping PXT working with new versions of Live is something I'd pay again for.
Tagor wrote: already saving for PUSH-3..
I wouldn't expect a Push 3 very soon. Maybe a mk II of Push 2 would be in order.
Make some music!

Per Boysen

Post by Per Boysen » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:48 pm

Yes, I have decided to stay with Push #1 because I totally depend on PXT-G for using it with a lot of different applications I'm working with.
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:30 am

in 9.7 the note-button do not work anymore to bring up the 64pads-grid for DRUMRACKS..

since push1 have no layoutbutton, may workaround is to select the notemode on another midi track
and select from there again the drumrack.

is it meant like this?

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:37 pm

Tagor wrote:in 9.7 the note-button do not work anymore to bring up the 64pads-grid for DRUMRACKS..
Just press the note button twice and Bob's your uncle.
Make some music!

braduro

Post by braduro » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:02 pm

Well I can't get on board with the speculation, but PXT has indeed been the hold-out for moving to 2.

But with every update, it's a shot x the bow of PXT and why I'd need it in the 1st place. In my case, I like the user scale (which could be potentially remapped in basic user mode) and cliphx mapped support, which you don't need pxt for. Then there are some nifty ways of moving around the clip and note editing.

Beat juggling you can do with max, capturing scales is lovely but an unlikely reach-for tool. It was never designed to be an all-or-nothing prospect: there's just so many things it can do. But nonetheless, each update, like the live browser support, clip colors, etc. just pushes PXT further on the fringe.

Meanwhile, you've got til Jan 11 to get the promo on the push 2, and posted from the PXT>Push 2 thread beatwise boards just Nov. 29: "Nothing new to report presently."

I actually got burned on the initial educational offer: was wound up to do the trade in and then an artist that I tour with said he'd spot me and submit it for our tour gear list. Then I caught him on the BS too late to still get the trade-in credit

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:52 am

in 9.7.1 bob is my uncle - a little bit.

in 9.7 it did not work, there were only 2 options via notemode- no 64grid

in 9.7.1 changing from the drummode to another track in notemode sometimes only work
by returning to session and re-enter notemode to bring up the notegrid...

it seems something changed for push1 with 9.7x , workflow was better in 9.6

maybe its just because i used autoupdate and my customised python-files for the scales
were not overwritten, so maybe some new code is missing in the .pyc

i backup my scales at weekend and try a fresh install on 9.7.1 - reports follow