force drum rack layout on push

Discuss Push with other users.
Stromkraft

Re: force drum rack layout on push

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:37 am

garyboozy wrote:mduncs, you're only going to get more and more frustrated trying to attempt to do polyrhythms in the way you're attempting to. i've been there myself using dummy drum racks, IAC routings etc and it's just not worth the headache and cumbersome workflow.
I'm working like this — with individual drum tracks and clips —  every day without any issues and I find the workflow to be excellent for several reasons. Main point being individual drum audio processing per voice with the groupings I choose myself and full access to my return tracks and also on top of that individual variations and individual clip lengths per drum instrument. I can still drive all voices from my main drum rack track just by changing the MIDI input to "in" per instrument.

That's not to say alternatives aren't good to have so thanks for your suggestion.
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:42 am

mduncs wrote:
Stromkraft wrote: That's audio sources not destinations. How have you set up Diva for its outputs?
nah those are the destinations, it is under MIDI To and the audio sources only has one dropdown box, underneath what i screenshotted..
Yes, you're right. I didn't see your screen shot for some reason on my phone. In the External Instrument the MIDI is sent to destinations and the audio is as I said sources and are sent back.
Make some music!

grymmjack

Post by grymmjack » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:51 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:56 am
mduncs wrote:any way to force a drum rack layout instead of melodic?

as far as i know adding a drum rack to the poly tracks isnt an option because it disables the "MIDI to" option on the track..
You force drum rack layout by adding one.

Use "External Instrument", on a pad/chain, that let's you route MIDI per pad and send the audio back as well. The audio can go anywhere though and you can pretty much keep the instruments where you want including in the same track as the main drum rack.
Stomkraft, you nailed it. This is what I was trying to do. I LOVE THIS TIP SO MUCH. Thank you very much!