weird behavior on push2 with new version( 9.6.2)

Discuss Push with other users.
alby80

weird behavior on push2 with new version( 9.6.2)

Post by alby80 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:55 pm

hello to the forum this is my first post here.i just installed the new 9.6.2 but i have a weird behavior on my push2.

i am in the note mode and trying to overdub to add layers to my current clip ,but when i am hitting record button to overdub the current clip stops and wont overdub.this only happens on note mode.in session mode it works as it should.i never had this problem with my previous version(9.6.1).did anyone else noticed that with the new version of live?i am on osx 10.10.thanks.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: weird behavior on push2 with new version( 9.6.2)

Post by [jur] » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:08 pm

Does it start recording into a new clip slot?
Ableton Forum Moderator

alby80

Post by alby80 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:20 pm

[jur] wrote:Does it start recording into a new clip slot?
hi.no it is just stops the current clip.then i have to press record again to trigger the current clip and overdub.weird

Eli Salzman

Post by Eli Salzman » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:21 pm

:!: This must be a bug. And it does the same thing in last beta 9.6.2b5. But it does NOT behave this way in version 9.2.3 (which luckily I still have). And it does the same with the Push 1, which is what I have, with the absolute latest firmware on it.

I have sent in a support ticket for it already.

Very frustrated after two hours thinking it was something I did. Thanks Ableton for ruining my evening.

Eli Salzman

Post by Eli Salzman » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:48 am

:( :x :cry: Yep. Confirmed its a bug. They said it was regression created in the process of Betas and official release for 9.6.2. If you go back to 9.6.1 or 9.6.1b1 there will be no problem.

To be honest, as much as I respect and support the hard work of the Ableton staff, this was a SERIOUS mistake.
In my many years of working with expensive pro-audio DAWs such as Ableton, I have yet to experience an official non-beta release that had a bug on such a major function...until now. Hey Ableton, what conclusion are we to draw from this? Aside from the community of Beta users, who is actually testing your programming? It's one thing to miss a bug on some smaller deeper function, but MIDI OVERDUB? Are you starting to fall into that greedy trap that so many like Apple have succumbed to before you? You know, the one where you are so busy trying to add sexy new functions (BIGGER BETTER MORE MORE MORE), that you forget to simply make sure the existing stability and functionality is maintained?? I'm sorry to be the whiner here. But for the price we pay and the loyalty we give, we deserve way better.

alby80

Post by alby80 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:44 am

hi and thank you all for your response.today i received an email from the ableton support and they confirmed that this is a bug with the new version.they also told me that the problem occurs when the launch clip is on toggle mode .i just checked that with my push and they are right.it happens only on toggle mode, on trigger mode it is working just fine.thats a same cause toggle is my main mode.they also said that they working on that so i assume that we have to wait until they come with an update.thank you.

alby80

Post by alby80 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:53 am

Eli Salzman wrote::( :x :cry: Yep. Confirmed its a bug. They said it was regression created in the process of Betas and official release for 9.6.2. If you go back to 9.6.1 or 9.6.1b1 there will be no problem.

To be honest, as much as I respect and support the hard work of the Ableton staff, this was a SERIOUS mistake.
In my many years of working with expensive pro-audio DAWs such as Ableton, I have yet to experience an official non-beta release that had a bug on such a major function...until now. Hey Ableton, what conclusion are we to draw from this? Aside from the community of Beta users, who is actually testing your programming? It's one thing to miss a bug on some smaller deeper function, but MIDI OVERDUB? Are you starting to fall into that greedy trap that so many like Apple have succumbed to before you? You know, the one where you are so busy trying to add sexy new functions (BIGGER BETTER MORE MORE MORE), that you forget to simply make sure the existing stability and functionality is maintained?? I'm sorry to be the whiner here. But for the price we pay and the loyalty we give, we deserve way better.

totally agree.i was also a beta tester and noticed that after 9.6.2b5 and i thought that they will fix this with the official version but that did not happened....glad i still have the 9.6.1 version.