Push 2 - melodic step sequencer loop length

Discuss Push with other users.
LoveBung

Push 2 - melodic step sequencer loop length

Post by LoveBung » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:43 am

i've been all over the internet looking for a way to do this but i can't find anything, sorry if this is a stupid question..

ok.. in the melodic step sequencer:

what i want here is to have let's say 16 bars, but to have the "loop length controls" stacked on top of each other (16 bars would be 2 full rows), rather than side by side. i don't like paging through like that (hitting >Page 8 times).

i think this guy is doing it in this video at the :35 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ife5GG_NYSA

when i hit "double loop" they only go left to right

am i making sense ? :lol:

irrelevance

Re: Push 2 - melodic step sequencer loop length

Post by irrelevance » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:21 am

If I understand correctly you are saying that you want to be able to page to different sequencer positions or pages of melodic content in a different manner than just sideways movement that the current page function under Note mode offers. I hope I'm correct in this and if so then if you have your workflow set as Clip then when you use your up/down arrows you will step through your clips, which you can then play through in an up/down manner. So you're playing session mode basically but also stepping into whatever melodic content the clip holds so your free to juggle your progressions. So maybe another way of playing the sequencer that you're not already doing?

LoveBung

Post by LoveBung » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:22 pm

as is, when i hit double loop it goes like this, and i need to hit ">Page" a bunch of times to see what i'm doing

what i'd like is for it to go like this, so it'd cycle through the bars in the red box. it'd basically just double/copy them vertically instead of horizontally. is it even possible? what's that guy doing in that youtube video at :35?

maybe that makes more sense, for some reason this is hard to explain.

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:09 pm

Have you tried getting in touch with that guy?