Using Push 2 with USB over Cat5/6 extender

Discuss Push with other users.
andregriffin

Using Push 2 with USB over Cat5/6 extender

Post by andregriffin » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:18 pm

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone here has experience with using the Push over a powered USB>CAT5>USB extender. My live rig places my computer and audio interface stowed away far behind me, but I'd like to bring my new Push to my upstage rig without having to relocate my MacBook. This is one of the products I'm looking at on Amazon

As long as the Push is powered, and the extender is powered, It should be okay, right? Would be lovely to connect my push via a locking etherCon cable within my stage snake and call it a day.

Any experience with this is appreciated.

irrelevance

Re: Using Push 2 with USB over Cat5/6 extender

Post by irrelevance » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:23 am

Looks interesting sorry I have no idea if this would work. Don't feel like being a trailblazer?

doublestop

Post by doublestop » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:30 am

Wow, I now know with my recent USB struggles - now solved - that Push2 is VERY particular about its USB connection. If there is any hindrance at all, there will be no Push2 display. So I guess the key is that if you try the Cat6 extendor, you will need to be sure it is a very quick and clean cable interface! I had this problem and discovered that I had to eliminate any lag in the signal to get it to work.

somaaudio

Post by somaaudio » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:56 pm

I use one with my Push 1 connected to the a.c. power, works perfect.
Cesar Callirgos
Apple Mac Pro Quad 2.6 Ghz, 16Gb Ram.
Lion OSX
Ableton Live 9.6.2, Push 1, Launchpad mini and Motu 2408MK3.