Clips in Arrangement wont show in push's sequencer.

Discuss Push with other users.
Tweaking Knobs

Clips in Arrangement wont show in push's sequencer.

Post by Tweaking Knobs » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:30 am

When i create a clip with push.. it shows me how the time is running through the push sequencer...

However when i have layout something in arrangement.. if i select the clip which is looping in the arrangement .. the sequencer in push wont show me how the sounds are placed...

Is there a way to do this?

Tweaking Knobs

Re: Clips in Arrangement wont show in push's sequencer.

Post by Tweaking Knobs » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:40 pm

Tweaking Knobs wrote:When i create a clip with push.. it shows me how the time is running through the push sequencer...

However when i have layout something in arrangement.. if i select the clip which is looping in the arrangement .. the sequencer in push wont show me how the sounds are placed...

Bump.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:25 pm

No, you can't see arrange view from Push I'm afraid.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:20 pm

Tweaking Knobs wrote:When i create a clip with push.. it shows me how the time is running through the push sequencer...

Not that I know of. I think it doesn't even run in PXT Live. I do think though you should be able to see the notes, just not the the time cursor lighting up left to right as Live plays trough the clip..

This is because Ableton in their infinite wisdom on what we the users may want decided that the Push isn't a performance instrument and so can't be tied to specific instrument in Session mode, nor is it a tool for finishing tracks in Arrangement, so clips there aren't to be full citizens in the eyes of some undisclosed influential Ableton development team managers.

Quickest way to work on the clip is to temporarily copy over the script to Session and work on it there and then copy it back. Not even PXT Live get the play head in Arrangement view.
Last edited by Stromkraft on Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:22 pm

Tarekith wrote:No, you can't see arrange view from Push I'm afraid.
The least we could ask would be that the step and drum rack sequencer would run the currently selected clip just as if it were in Session view. To not support that is really one of the low points of Ableton's decisions in my view.
Make some music!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:12 am

This has been fixed in the latest beta of 9.7, which you can grab on the Centercode site:

"When step-sequencing a Clip in Arrangement View, the playhead would not be shown on Push 2."

https://ableton.centercode.com

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:09 pm

Tarekith wrote:This has been fixed in the latest beta of 9.7, which you can grab on the Centercode site:

"When step-sequencing a Clip in Arrangement View, the playhead would not be shown on Push 2."

https://ableton.centercode.com
I'm happy to report also with Push 1. Wonderful Ableton news.
Make some music!

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:01 am

Man, I have been on a break for a while doing DJing and have only just sat down on the weekend to get going again and discovered finally you can edit selected clips from Push now in Arrangement. This is a huge leap and has increased the usability of Push now... Love this thing.

From both Push and my MCU I can honestly go hours without touching the mouse and almost complete an entire track, adding, editing, playing, tweaking almost anything. Might have to make that a sunday afternoon challenge now to complete a whole song without once touching the keyboard or mouse.