Keeping a track armed while changing other tracks parameter

Discuss Push with other users.
diegux

Keeping a track armed while changing other tracks parameter

Post by diegux » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:42 am

Hi, I'm a happy new push 2 user and have just bumped into the following situations that I cannot solve or find help on other posts:

I'm playing a drum vst (addictive drums) which has multiple outputs ( one per drum) returning into Ableton as audio tracks. This way I can add any audio effect I want to a particular drum. All the returns are grouped.
If I want to change any of these audio effects parameters from push I need to obviously change tracks (from the midi vst to the audio return) so I loose my focus and the pads don't sound anymore.

The same thing happens when trying to change a parameter in a reverb on a return channel while playing: since you loose focus, you loose sound on your pads.

How can I lock focus so pads will play on a particular track whatever I choose to do?

Thanks a lot for your help, best

swishniak

Re: Keeping a track armed while changing other tracks parameter

Post by swishniak » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:47 pm

are you having trouble keeping multiple tracks record armed? just hold down record and arm the tracks..

otherwise "Go to preferences and click the Record, Warp, Launch tab. Turn off "Select on Launch" (from another recent thread i started;) ), should keep the "focus" from switching around so much.

diegux

Post by diegux » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:36 pm

Thanks for your reply. I just did what you suggested but couldn't achieve what I need:

I am playing a synth with the push, and send it to reverb. If I want to tweak any reverb parameter while playing the synth I can't do it because when I press the reverb button I loose the synth in the pads.

Is there any workaround?

Thanks!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:09 am

diegux wrote:Thanks for your reply. I just did what you suggested but couldn't achieve what I need:

I am playing a synth with the push, and send it to reverb. If I want to tweak any reverb parameter while playing the synth I can't do it because when I press the reverb button I loose the synth in the pads.

Is there any workaround?
I don't know a way to lock the pads to the instrument, but you can lock the reverb device parameters to Push by right clicking with it selected and choosing that. When you return to your drum track the reverb parameters will still be there. Hardly perfect, but makes it a little more convenient.
Make some music!

diegux

Post by diegux » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:29 pm

Yes!
That does the trick, thanks a lot.

It should be possible to lock a plugin to control surface from the push itself, so you don´t need to grab the mouse though....maybe in a future update.

Tom Solid

Post by Tom Solid » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:41 pm

diegux wrote:Thanks for your reply. I just did what you suggested but couldn't achieve what I need:

Is there any workaround?

Thanks!
I think the easiest way is just to "total" Lock the reverb to push. This way you can control the parameters
on the reverb whil you still using your pads of the synth!

How to do this you can see in my tutorial here at around 02:40 min:

https://youtu.be/fonHJF4hFVs

Hope that helps! 8)