3 burning Push + Drumrack Questions (help!)

Discuss Push with other users.
Chimeway

3 burning Push + Drumrack Questions (help!)

Post by Chimeway » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:48 am

Hello! I have been migrating from an MPC5000 to Maschine, but me and Maschine don't go along well (high cpu usage, does something with the sound makes it harsh, unintuitive sometimes, long long time Ableton user here). I have come across three issues which are withholding me to finish the migration from by beats to Push. I'm in a band called Lövestad and heavily rely on live beat improvisation.

Hope someone can help me out here :)

Question/problem 1: whenever I mute a pad it cuts of the sound. Is there a way to mute a pad (f.e. an open hihat) and let Ableton finish the sample before it mutes the pad from further triggering the sample to play?

Question/problem 2: whenever I use a choke group (f.e. open hihat <> closed hihat) the choke continues even though I mute the pad that is choking the other one. On the MPC5000 I used to play with a open hihat that is choked by a fast repetitive closed hihat and then mute the closed hihat, to open up the full release of the open hihat. With the drumrack now it keeps choking the open hihat, even though it is muted. It adds some much dynamic to playing live when it stops choking.. hope this is possible (without any unpractical workarounds).

Question/problem 3: is it possible to layer multiple sound in Simpler? I have found out it works with Sampler, but haven't found a way to do this in Simpler. The problem is that Simpler is the way to go if you want to add sample from Push using the BROWSE function, but it is not possible to add samples using this function with the Sampler... right?

Thanks a lot in advance again! Hope someone can help me out :)

Jbvdb

Re: 3 burning Push + Drumrack Questions (help!)

Post by Jbvdb » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:47 am

1 from my experience (MPC 1000 user here) it seems push mutes the audio of the track that the drum rack pad is associated with. Where as the mpcs mute the midi so that's why the not finishes to sound. This just seems to be the way it is. On the plus side it is so much easier to add quality effects to individual sounds in drum racks.

2 not sure I am following you on this one.

3 right click simpler, select simpler>sampler and then you get a sampler in the pad and can layer from there. Unfortunately it seems to only be a mouse operation so far. Best thing is to create one of those crazy 64 pad drum racks with a ton of sounds you like layering them how you like and maybe using copy to pad to set it up for every new track you make. Maybe that's a workaround.