Adding Additional Vertical Scale Offsets?

Come here to discuss Push with other users.
For tech support, please head to http://www.ableton.com/help
braduro

Adding Additional Vertical Scale Offsets?

Post by braduro » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:10 pm

Hi!
So Push has 3 options for note scale layouts that define the interval between rows, 4^, 3^, and sequent, which either results in an octave or an Augmented 5th (if I'm not mistaken) depending on In Scale or Chromatic Playing. What would I need to do to the Remote Scripts in order to add additional intervals? There's just 2 screen spaces left in the Shift-Scale view, but I'd be happy to loose the horizontal formatting if I could use more spacing options between the rows. Actually if the Vertical/Horizontal was simply a toggle and applied to any Offset, then you could fit everything between a 3rd and a 7th on that same page.

You may recall that Novation Launchpad Pro added this functionality to what they refer to as Overlap options in their standalone scales mode. Livid Instruments refers to this as their "Vertical Offset" option in their Base and Base II scripts. The option makes a limited number of pads particularly expansive (in the case of the Base) and makes playing patterns and open-voiced chords very illuminating. I'm kind of hooked.

I do have NativeKontrol PXT Plus, which offers one additional User note matrix. However I use this for an entirely different note class and it omits the octave buttons. And I'm trying to figure out whether I should apply my time/resources to getting this to work on Push or just getting the Launchpad Pro (thus compromising that RMS view on the Push mixer mode, clear editing and simpler support, etc etc. but gaining standalone midi control for one.)

I've looked at
scales_component.py
specifically the
class InstrumentPresetsComponent
but I'm not fluent in python and I know it can't be as easy as changing some numbers here or adding some lines of code.

Anyone know how to get this to work?
Cheers to you

braduro

Re: Adding Additional Vertical Scale Offsets?

Post by braduro » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:28 pm

Bueller? Ferris Bueller?

braduro

Re: Adding Additional Vertical Scale Offsets?

Post by braduro » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:49 pm

Joined a Python workshop on the weekends. First run of changing the Scale settings screen was yesterday, and it broke the whole script. Didn't even show up among native controllers. But I'll keep trying...