Push 2 bad pad sensitivity

Discuss Push with other users.
warmverwurster

Push 2 bad pad sensitivity

Post by warmverwurster » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:22 pm

Hi All,

I just bought a push 2 and have a problem regarding the pad sensitivity. To "activate" a pad I have to press or hit it pretty strong which is, as I believe, not normal (I used push 2 before). Furthermore I measured the weight I have to put on one pad to activate it. The result is 127g.

I have a 2015 mac book pro, the newest version of live and push installed the new firmware when I started live the first time. All settings are as described on the ableton support website and my computer lists push as correctly installed.

Is there anyone who knows this issue and can tell me if I miss something important when setting up push? Or perhaps its a hardware issue?

Thanks and cheers

Tarekith

Re: Push 2 bad pad sensitivity

Post by Tarekith » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:45 pm

Sounds like a hardware fault if you have to hit it that hard. MIght be worth contacting support@ableton.com to see what they have to say.

eyecompellya

Post by eyecompellya » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:56 pm

i know enough about the issue to know that ableton won't help you :?

[erm]
Site Admin

Post by [erm] » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:20 pm

eyecompellya wrote:i know enough about the issue to know that ableton won't help you :?
Can you clarify what it is you know about the issue then?
Ableton Forum Administrator

eclipxe

Post by eclipxe » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:10 pm

[erm] wrote:
eyecompellya wrote:i know enough about the issue to know that ableton won't help you :?
<3

eyecompellya

Post by eyecompellya » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:04 am

[erm] wrote:
I can but I won't. Not my job. It wouldn't help anyway, because the problem can't be fixed, yet. Don't even try to tell me it's fixable. If that was the case, you would have helped.

warmverwurster

Post by warmverwurster » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:58 pm

eyecompellya wrote:
[erm] wrote:
I can but I won't. Not my job. It wouldn't help anyway, because the problem can't be fixed, yet. Don't even try to tell me it's fixable. If that was the case, you would have helped.
But I guess it can be fixed by exchanging push? Or are you talking about a software/computer issue? Perhaps you can clarify a little what you are talking about. It's not your job that's right but you posted something so I guess you would like to help? Or you just like to hear yourself talking...?

cheers

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:08 pm

eyecompellya wrote:
[erm] wrote:
Not your job? This is a forum, the idea is to communicate and help each other with our own knowledge. You pretend to know something but don't want to share your informations. Why coming here just to say that you know things that you don't want to share? Is that what your job is?
You're the one saying that you know, [erm] doesn't have any answer so he asked you (otherwise he would have helped, believe me).
You're not obliged to help, but you're not welcome to troll this way.
Thanks
Ableton Forum Moderator

sonik777

Post by sonik777 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:11 am

I know who killed Kennedy.

But it's not my job so :P

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:37 pm

:lol:
Ableton Forum Moderator

NoSonic822

Post by NoSonic822 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:16 am

warmverwurster wrote:Hi All,

I just bought a push 2 and have a problem regarding the pad sensitivity. To "activate" a pad I have to press or hit it pretty strong which is, as I believe, not normal (I used push 2 before). Furthermore I measured the weight I have to put on one pad to activate it. The result is 127g.

I have a 2015 mac book pro, the newest version of live and push installed the new firmware when I started live the first time. All settings are as described on the ableton support website and my computer lists push as correctly installed.

Is there anyone who knows this issue and can tell me if I miss something important when setting up push? Or perhaps its a hardware issue?

Thanks and cheers
ummm go into user mode and adjust the velocity sensitivity. yea.

blof_eld

Post by blof_eld » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:45 pm

Inversoundzzz wrote: ummm go into user mode and adjust the velocity sensitivity. yea.
Can you explain a bit more?

When I go into User Mode, it just shows a blank screen. How do you adjust velocity sensitivity from there?

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:36 am

He/she meant "go to Setup".
Ableton Forum Moderator

NoSonic822

Post by NoSonic822 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:41 am

"hold" the user mode button down to access the velocity settings, don't let go of it

koranek

Post by koranek » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:54 pm

I had problems with Push 1 pad sensitivity and Ableton support was very helpful. They sent me some tools to test my Push, sent me a beta of firmware, and when we determined that it was a hardware issue, exchanged it for another unit.

What's unsupportive about that?
https://soundcloud.com/johnkoranek

2020 27" iMac i9 10 core, 64G Ram, OS 10.15.7
Push 2
Novation SL MKIII
iConnectAudio 2+, iConnectMidi 4+
Live 11 Sweet