need help with random PUSH 2 midi messages popping up..

Discuss Push with other users.
nuxnamon

need help with random PUSH 2 midi messages popping up..

Post by nuxnamon » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:27 pm

sup everyone

I've contacted ableton support and forwarded all the necessary files but have not heard anything yet and thought I'd ask here for help.. I am getting random midi messages coming from PUSH 2's ableton port. Ableton doesn't even have to be on.. As soon as my mac starts up and I fire a midi monitor app to see any incoming/outgoing midi messages, Ableton Push is already sending these midi messages.. When ableton is running, incoming midi activity is shown on blank midi tracks (when input is set to all or ableton push) and also in the incoming midi indicators on the top right of the screen.. What's worse is trying to record something in the arrangement and the automation lane is jumping around recording all these midi changes even though I am not touching the controller.. Every so often, audio drops out and I see cpu spikes in ableton's cpu meter.. note that this happens even with only one blank midi track (with no instrument or effects) in the whole project, nothing else.. The only thing that resolves it is turning Push off.. I've attached a pic... note, i do not know how to resize it so i apologize in advance.. any help would be great.. happy holidays everyone!

OSX 10.11.5
4.0 GHZ I7 quad core
24 GB RAM/ 512 GB SSD
UAD apollo Blackface
Burl ADC/ Dangerous DAC

S4racen

Re: need help with random PUSH 2 midi messages popping up..

Post by S4racen » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:51 pm

Dare i say it but your hardware is broken, return it and get a new one...

Cheers
D

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:28 am

thanks. that what i was fearing. Ableton still has not responded and i hope they have a solution. not sure if the warranty is still in effect. crossing my fingers.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:37 am

Seems the encoders are jumping between min and max values for some strange reason but it could be fixable.

Does the display on Push show anything changing on its own?

Are you powering from the AC adapter? If so as a test, power off Push and close Live. Unplug the AC adapter and switch Push on and power just from USB. Check and see if you still have the same issue. Could be something caused by power or ground loops.

Also check where your USB cable runs and try another. Could even be some weird interference in the cable all of a sudden.