Converting Audio to Simpler in Push 2 = low volume slices

Discuss Push with other users.
neokruncher

Converting Audio to Simpler in Push 2 = low volume slices

Post by neokruncher » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:09 am

If I take a track and convert it the slices are very low volume when I try to play them back in note mode on the pads - any ideas?

Stromkraft

Re: Converting Audio to Simpler in Push 2 = low volume slices

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:57 pm

neokruncher wrote:If I take a track and convert it the slices are very low volume when I try to play them back in note mode on the pads - any ideas?
That's likely intentional as this leaves head room for adding effects and other mixing activities. Except using the volume control of Simpler I'd suggest you look into just raising your monitoring levels or/and using a Limiter with gain on the master buss. The latter is a learning process as this will affect how you set mix levels on tracks and if you're not careful with settings you risk bass distortion and other artefacts or just changing the overall character of the track.

I use a Limiter on my "Main Buss", though I'm not that fond of the one in Live. You can start with that though or use Glue with Limiter settings.
Make some music!

neokruncher

Post by neokruncher » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:01 pm

Thanks for suggestion - issue is in a live scenario its a little cumbersome to have to do all that. For example, if I want to take a drum loop and spontaneously jam with it using slices in PUSH2 the new slices get lost in background (unlike say, the tutorial video with that guy playing along with a drum track).

timday

Post by timday » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:06 pm

In general using push or not,when you slice to a rack the simplers in the rack default to -12dB to allow for headroom etc. as Stromkraft said. You can change the simpler default for drum racks if you want them to be louder though AFAIK.