Lock to control surface not working

Discuss Push with other users.
Ryder17

Lock to control surface not working

Post by Ryder17 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:49 am

Hi! I'm working on a live set up where I just need one drum rack controlled by push. Trouble is, every time I select a different track to tweak effects and what not, push is moving to that track. Im a bit rusty with push, it's been gathering dust for a year or so but I'm sure I used to be able to lock it to a device when the little hand is shown. Am i doing something wrong or has something changed?

Stromkraft

Re: Lock to control surface not working

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:44 am

Ryder17 wrote:Hi! I'm working on a live set up where I just need one drum rack controlled by push. Trouble is, every time I select a different track to tweak effects and what not, push is moving to that track. Im a bit rusty with push, it's been gathering dust for a year or so but I'm sure I used to be able to lock it to a device when the little hand is shown. Am i doing something wrong or has something changed?
Turn off "Select on Launch" in preferences. This will prevent the switch to tracks when you launch a clip on other tracks. If you actively Select the track, that is different.

You can also lock to a certain device by right clicking on the device and selecting that option, but that locks just the display and not the pads AFAIK.
Make some music!