Organizing scenes ...?

Discuss Push with other users.
eroxx

Organizing scenes ...?

Post by eroxx » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:22 pm

Hi all. Beginner user here of Push 2.

I have a bunch of clips for all my tracks and have started to try and organize them into scenes. But I can't figure out the best way to do it as it seems that you can't choose the location of scenes?

For example, I have a bunch of clips playing that I want to be made into a new scene. So I duplicate it, great. But do I not have any control of where that scene is placed?!

Tarekith

Re: Organizing scenes ...?

Post by Tarekith » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:04 pm

Duplicate will always place it below the current scene. If you want to move it, you'd need to do that from the computer.

eroxx

Post by eroxx » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:38 pm

Ok, that's a helpful tip to know.

Still, won't it make sense to be able to hit shift and the scene button so that you could choose where it goes?

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:20 pm

eroxx wrote:Ok, that's a helpful tip to know.

Still, won't it make sense to be able to hit shift and the scene button so that you could choose where it goes?
Select and the scene button…
Make some music!

eroxx

Post by eroxx » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:20 pm

don't tease me - will try this immediately when I get home. Why is this not listed in any documentation?!

eroxx

Post by eroxx » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:00 pm

Ok, that makes all the difference, tested it this morning :) If this was in the documentation it would have made things a lot easier!

I also wish that when you selected a scene, that screen's button would blink, but that's a minor wish.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:05 pm

eroxx wrote:Ok, that makes all the difference, tested it this morning :) If this was in the documentation it would have made things a lot easier!

I also wish that when you selected a scene, that screen's button would blink, but that's a minor wish.
That worked? Really? I thought I was dreaming of how it should work.
Make some music!

eroxx

Post by eroxx » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:15 pm

I had a good feeling when the Push showed "scene four selected" after I pressed select/scene 4.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:48 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
eroxx wrote:Ok, that makes all the difference, tested it this morning :) If this was in the documentation it would have made things a lot easier!

That worked? Really? I thought I was dreaming of how it should work.
OK, so in Session view the Duplicate button does copy the currently playing clips to a new scene below the currently selected one, not the selected clips. However, if you start the scene first — with shift - scene button — all the clips in the scene will be playing and will naturally be copied to this new scene.

Note, that if you select another scene after having started the one you want to move, this will be the position under which the new scene will be placed.

I don't see any support for moving scenes about though, just copy them.

Though, if after having copied this scene, you go up and select the original, you can indeed delete it with shift - delete. That's a good enough workaround to me.

I actually think all these are in the manual. They're just spread out a bit. I probably knew this a couple years back when I got the Push, then forgot about it, so much else to do with the it. Thanks for giving me a reason to ask my fingers to remember.
Make some music!