Drum rack bank change on push 1

Come here to discuss Push with other users.
For tech support, please head to http://www.ableton.com/help
Adam Mantium

Drum rack bank change on push 1

Post by Adam Mantium » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:44 pm

Any other finger drummers out there? I am playing with a band and each song has it's own drum rack. I am using the push 1. Is there a good way to change patches lon the fly? I don't love having 20 tracks in a set, but if I chain them and automate the chain selector to clips it doesn't update which pads are illuminated when I switch. Any ideas for a workaround?

Stromkraft

Re: Drum rack bank change on push 1

Post by Stromkraft » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:18 pm

Adam Mantium wrote:Any other finger drummers out there? I am playing with a band and each song has it's own drum rack. I am using the push 1. Is there a good way to change patches lon the fly? I don't love having 20 tracks in a set, but if I chain them and automate the chain selector to clips it doesn't update which pads are illuminated when I switch. Any ideas for a workaround?
You tried putting the 20 kits, each in one drum rack, inside another rack? Or put all kits in one and just slide to new pads with the pitchbend? I think you can put ten sixteen pads kits in there.

I don't recognise pads not updating either. Please describe your set up in more detail, or even better share it (without sounds).
Make some music!

Adam Mantium

Re: Drum rack bank change on push 1

Post by Adam Mantium » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:44 am

Adam Mantium wrote:You tried putting the 20 kits, each in one drum rack, inside another rack? Or put all kits in one and just slide to new pads with the pitchbend? I think you can put ten sixteen pads kits in there.

I don't recognise pads not updating either. Please describe your set up in more detail, or even better share it (without sounds).
I am using the 64 pad mode. So far each song has it's on drum rack and I really like using 64 pad mode and sprawling across the whole push.

Here is the video from a little example set I sent to Ableton support: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5psd ... Tc4c19fTHc

They told me it is a known issue but there is no fix planned in the immediate future.