Ableton Push 2: Sustain N.O footpedal glitch

Discuss Push with other users.
mattwilds

Ableton Push 2: Sustain N.O footpedal glitch

Post by mattwilds » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:22 pm

Hey guys, I have been using my push for a while now and have had very few issues. I got excited when I ordered a new foot-pedal so I could start playing my push as I would play a keyboard. HOWEVER, when the footpedal is depressed it sustains as it should, but when it is left open the graphics/numbers on the display across the push change sporadically. It is not only annoying but interrupts work flow and disarms tracks annotations on it's own :x Has anybody else had this issue? Could this be the pedal itself?

I am going to find another pedal to test this but this all just seems so strange. I wish to play parts of my productions live with the sustain pedal and a couple guitarists. Feedback appreciated!

yur2die4

Re: Ableton Push 2: Sustain N.O footpedal glitch

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:52 pm

Could you describe the pedal you are using? Is it explicitly a sustain pedal?

mattwilds

Post by mattwilds » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:47 pm

yur2die4 wrote:Could you describe the pedal you are using? Is it explicitly a sustain pedal?
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B019Q27CI ... UTF8&psc=1

It is a Neewer Universal sustain pedal (Switchable polarity). I am going to send it back and order something else. I am having my doubts that it would be the push, as I had a regular cheap sustain that was N.C but when left open I had no issues.. Though there have been updates since I could remember confirming that, I'm just gonna hope for the best here! Unless you have any other ideas?

matt.combe89

Post by matt.combe89 » Wed May 13, 2020 10:28 pm

I am having the same exact problem, no matter what sustain pedal I use. Any further progress in getting your Push 2 to work with a sustain pedal?

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Thu May 14, 2020 7:51 am

matt.combe89 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:28 pm
I am having the same exact problem, no matter what sustain pedal I use. Any further progress in getting your Push 2 to work with a sustain pedal?
So you tried several footswitches, right?
Can you try by using a simple jack cable (like guitar cables); just plug it into Push and make a contact on the other end to "switch" it.
Otherwise it's probably worth contacting support@ableton as it could be an issue with your unit.
Ableton Forum Moderator

Missperfumado

Post by Missperfumado » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:08 am

i have the same isue........

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:54 am

If you're sure everything's fine with your pedal(s), then please contact support@ableton.com, this could be an issue with your Push.
Ableton Forum Moderator