all drum rack tracks are auto armed?

Discuss Push with other users.
layerlabs

all drum rack tracks are auto armed?

Post by layerlabs » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:39 pm

Hi, I'm having a problem with push/live that's driving me insane..
Whenever I add a drum rack track or even select any drum rack track from any previously created projects,
all pads go red and recording mode is auto activated, and I can't seem to be able to exit this mode.
This just started happening (maybe a setting I've accidentally touched?) and for the live of me can't figure out how to stop this from happening.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
(live 9.7.1 & push 2)

Stromkraft

Re: all drum rack tracks are auto armed?

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:48 pm

layerlabs wrote:Hi, I'm having a problem with push/live that's driving me insane..
Whenever I add a drum rack track or even select any drum rack track from any previously created projects,
all pads go red and recording mode is auto activated, and I can't seem to be able to exit this mode.
This just started happening (maybe a setting I've accidentally touched?) and for the live of me can't figure out how to stop this from happening.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
(live 9.7.1 & push 2)
Dead end: Disabling Autoarm feature. Max for live or python..

I think that just changing track should end arm of the drum rack track if you keep arm exclusive. Also check what input your tracks are set to. Removing the Push as input should work, but this may not be acceptable as you'd like it to be used at some point, right?
Make some music!

layerlabs

Post by layerlabs » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:33 am

Hi Stromkraft,
yes changing the track removes the arm so that's working,
but the problem is that Push puts them automatically in arm on select

I found out that this only occurs when Push is active/switched on and connected to Live.
If I turn off the Push or put it in 'user' mode, then everything is back to normal.
So it's not a Live setting but something Push sends to Live.

It somehow sets the 'Arm session recording' of my track to 'half red' (not bright red as when clicked with my mouse).

layerlabs

Post by layerlabs » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:43 am

follow up:
it seems like restarting the Push a couple times have solved the problem, I can now select a drum rack track without having everything armed automatically.
I did try restarting it before but somehow took a couple more attempts.
Still don't quite know what caused it though... :?