any way to disable auto track-select feature?

Discuss Push with other users.
saiteron

any way to disable auto track-select feature?

Post by saiteron » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:14 pm

I have two controllers: Push 2 and a Midi Fighter Twister (16x knobs&buttons). I want to use the Push as my main on-the-fly controller to be able to play any one of a number of soft synths I have set up while I use the MF Twister to manipulate other tracks that I don't currently have selected. However, if I turn any knobs on the MF Twister, Ableton auto-selects the track that knob is on and the Push follows, taking away my control of the soft synth.

I need to either a) turn off the auto-select feature so when I turn knobs on non-selected tracks Ableton leaves them as they are, or b) turn off Push's auto-follow feature so I can keep it controlling one track while I move on to manipulate others.

I really don't care much which of the two options happens but something's gotta change because it's pretty impossible to do what I'm trying to do as it is. Anyone know how to make either (or both) of these things happen?

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: any way to disable auto track-select feature?

Post by [jur] » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:13 am

Not sure it would work, but worth trying to uncheck "follow at launch" (or something like that) in the "record/warp..." Preferences tab.
Ableton Forum Moderator

JBSOUNDJB

Re: any way to disable auto track-select feature?

Post by JBSOUNDJB » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:22 am

Hello, and if you assign the controller you need for each track.
In session view mode, in the (MIDI from) box of each track? :idea:

--- "follow at launch" (or something like that) in the "record / warp ..." Preferences tab.
It's only when you launch one clip.
Google+ JBSOUNDJB (JB)