Arm one track and adjust parameters on another IN NOTE MODE?

Discuss Push with other users.
simplemusic

Arm one track and adjust parameters on another IN NOTE MODE?

Post by simplemusic » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:33 am

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has a solution to my current issue. My live rig uses Push 2, Novation Impulse49 and Xone K2. I have 3 VST tracks in my set which I can arm (for live midi playing), using mapped buttons on my keyboard. I also have the ability to switch the device focus to an effects group that sits on each of my 8 tracks (5 audio, 3 Midi), for tweaking parameters. While in session view, that all works great with the arming and rack selection for fx tweaking being independent.

i.e. I can arm a synth track on track 6, midi track 1 and jam along, whilst independently selecting the fx rack for the track 2, audio and my main drum track, to allow playing with filters, flangers etc.

However, this all goes pear-shaped when I switch to note mode. If I select note mode for an armed track, and then select the fx rack from another track, it tries to switch focus to the track the fx racj is on. If it's a midi track then it switches Note mode to that track, if it's an audio track, you lose Note mode.

Does anyone have any ideas how to prevent this. I think it is something that came in with how Push2 and Ableton 9 interact.

Cheers

Steve