APC40 and Push working independently

Discuss Push with other users.
ultimatefurydave

APC40 and Push working independently

Post by ultimatefurydave » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:54 am

Hey guys,

Does anybody know how to get APC40 and push to work independently of each other?
I need the APC's 'red box' to control only whats in the red box, and push to control only whats in the blue box.
Basically, I want to use the APC as intended out of the box, on the 1st 8 channels. But then I want to use the push to control midi instruments on channel 9-16. The problem is, when I select say ch3 on the APC, the push jumps to that ch too. The entire box jumps over. I can't use both at the same time.

Few things I've already tried:
1) I have ch 9-16 set to receive midi from the push. This changes nothing.
2) Locking devices to push. This changes nothing either
3) Every combination of Track, Sync, Remote midi setting I can think of....No change.
4) Modifying .tx file to say seperateAPC

I've been searching the web for about a year now, trying to resolve my problem. NO solutions yet. Seems ridiculous that Ableton's 2 flagship controllers don't actually work side by side the way most people thought they would.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

yur2die4

Re: APC40 and Push working independently

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:35 am

I think it's more an issue with Push than anything else. Push always plays the 'selected' channel.

If you could control channels in the APC without 'select'ing them, then you'd be good to go.

I know that in the APC's native mode without using the APC script, it does change midi channels on the rotaries when you use the channel selector, but that's mostly useless since it'd still basically require actual mapping of things instead of a fluid experience. If there was a way to turn Off just the channel select and the encoders section of the APC, you might get a little leeway. But you'd be limited to 8 controls. No jumping between devices, etc.

Alternatively, you could attempt to map the channel select buttons to the title bars of actual devices within those channels. If Push is locked to a device on ch 9, and you tap your button that chooses the device on ch 2..... well, it probably will not work. It'll probably still end up selecting that entire channel when it selects the device. But it's not something I've 100% verified. So there's a 1% chance it could work.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:00 am

I can't recommend Arsenal enough. It's a family of scripts that lets you customise how your controllers work with Live. It also allows you to link scripts in three different ways: horizontally (which is what you want, I think), vertically and matched. It's not free, but it's one of my better investments. You'll spend some time reading up on it, but it should be well worth the effort.

http://www.nativekontrol.com/Arsenal.html

Vita V.

Post by Vita V. » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:01 am

I have this problem a long time ago.

Anyone have the solution?

Thank you.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:12 pm

There is no solution, Push locks to the selected track by design.

best regards
Darren

GR4UE

Post by GR4UE » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:26 am

I found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puH8uQX_c5E

where you can see that the guy is using his apc and the push doesn't change so I believe it is possible but that youtuber hasn't responded yet and I'm still looking for a way if anyone has a solution please let me know, thanks!.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:59 pm

GR4UE wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:26 am
I found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puH8uQX_c5E

where you can see that the guy is using his apc and the push doesn't change so I believe it is possible but that youtuber hasn't responded yet and I'm still looking for a way if anyone has a solution please let me know, thanks!.
Nope...

In that video he may be scrolling across clips on the MPC independent of the Push which is possible, but you will see every time he selects a track on Push the APC encoders update to that tracks controls. They will always follow a track as that is how they have been designed.

GR4UE

Post by GR4UE » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:36 pm

Oh ok thank you for clearing that video thing out for me jestermgee! can you please help me explaining me if the product of this link: https://isotonikstudios.com/product/launchsync-series/ might work to solve this, because I didn't understand it :(

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:47 pm

No idea

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:36 am

GR4UE wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:36 pm
Oh ok thank you for clearing that video thing out for me jestermgee! can you please help me explaining me if the product of this link: https://isotonikstudios.com/product/launchsync-series/ might work to solve this, because I didn't understand it :(
No that won't solve the requirements, which can't be solved, that's not how Push works.

Cheers
D

Mreverybody

Post by Mreverybody » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:49 pm

Hello,

I found this video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwrQW8_iTek he talks about the topic but you will need to use a software named "Bome MIDI Translator Pro" for it, I want to figure out how to make with max4livefor free. If I find more information I will keep you updated. Hope this can help you.

alienchaos

Post by alienchaos » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:23 am

go to preferences . Warp/Launch > Select on launch - turn it OFF