Push 3

Discuss Push with other users.
Allitrot

Re: Push 3

Post by Allitrot » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:08 pm

bandocalrissian wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:49 pm
I'd personally love to see a more portable version of the push.
With Ableton installed, 8O :D

Skullee

Post by Skullee » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:13 pm

Looking at time between release date of Push 1 and Push 2 it would make sense to see a Push 3 in 2020.
What i would like to see is two versions of Push.

PUSH 3 : an upgraded version beyond the Push 2 that includes requested features lacking on the push2. This version would be your regular studio version if you will.

and then..
PUSH Portable
Connects via Bluetooth. Have the same pads, knobs and buttons. Maybe with a cheaper screen that would not require much energy so that it can work purely on Bluetooth + battery.

What i mainly love about push 2 (and use most without a doubt) is the drum sequencing and pads for writing melodies. This and controlling basic parameters would be ideal for the Push Portable.
Idealy both should be with a chargable battery and Bluetooth because of the transition to Usb C. Also cables are annoying no matter what.

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:07 pm

Not gonna happen, good luck with latency over Bluetooth......
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

Skullee

Post by Skullee » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:00 pm

Basically no latency w/ midi over bt or other possible wireless solutions.............................................................................................................................................

interceptor

Post by interceptor » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:55 pm

Push 2 is pretty great, but here's my wishes for Push 3.

1. Knobs under the display. The knobs are a bit awkward placed now. For browsing I use the navigation buttons on the right side, rather than the knobs. Its quicker than reaching for a knob.
2. Either remove the touchstrip or place it horizontally. If it was touchsensitive that would crazy nice.
3. Mute button placed on the lower left or right corner. More easily reached.
4. Dedicated arp and chord mode buttons.
5. Record quantized automation. Like on older korg electribes. You record automation live and it snaps to quantized grid. Like regular quantizing but for automation.
6. More natural step automation. Now step automation keeps same length as the note. It should rather hold the length of automation until next note.

Cheers :)

stereodrive

Post by stereodrive » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:58 pm

I had an idea concerning Push 3: why not make lcd pads like Elgato Stream Deck? It would be a real revolution. You would have LCD keys where you could read what clip you launch, or what note or pad you'd be triggering. Possibilities would be endless.

https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/stream-deck-xl
Mac Studio (2022)
Apple M1 Max
32 GB Ram
14.3.1 Sonoma