Push 2 problem with pad stuck!

Discuss Push with other users.
Who-man

Push 2 problem with pad stuck!

Post by Who-man » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:49 pm

I just received my push 2 yesterday and noticed that on of the pads stuck when I push it sometimes and does'n release the note! Is this a hardware issue and do I send it back again?! I Tried everything like changing pads sensitivity but the problem exists! And just for one specific pad!

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Push 2 problem with pad stuck!

Post by [jur] » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:54 pm

With such issue, you'd better of contacting support@ableton.com
Hope your troubles get fixed soon.
Ableton Forum Moderator

Who-man

Post by Who-man » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:10 am

[jur] wrote:With such issue, you'd better of contacting support@ableton.com
Hope your troubles get fixed soon.
So tnx for reply! I send it to where I bought and they changed the firmware and told me it fixed! I'm waiting to back again and test it! I hope they are right because I think it maybe a hardware issue!

Shmableton

Post by Shmableton » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:18 pm

I must strongly recommend to not buy the Push 2. I've had problems with stuck pads since the beginning. People will tell you to alter the sensitivity in the setup, change USB cable or port etc. Many others are dealing with this issue.

After just inspecting my very well cared for push two, after a year of sadness I have come to a conclusion. I hoped it might have been dust of something sticky in the padbed or anything. After opening, my push 2 was clean as a whistle, while that does confirm a great buildquality, it rules out that dirt and grime causes the pads to stick. Cleaned the pads anyway, to rule out any microdust or particles.

After carefully putting it back together, everything else worked just fine, now only a couple more pads stick on the edge. The problem is this: The rubber pads are in a matrix of plastic casing. What looks like flat pads, is actually a solid block of thick rubber pad blocks. The rubber pads stick on some parts of the matrix because of manufacturing innacuracies. Some are simply tighter in the matrix than others, making them stick in the very thing that should guide them towards the sensor underneath.

I must also strongly advise NOT TO OPEN YOUR PUSH 2, since it takes some precise puzzling to put it back together. You will also lose warranty so pls dont do this.

REMEMBER: YOU CANT EVER DO ANY LIVE STUFF WITH THE PUSH 2. PADS WILL STICK MESSING UP YOUR PERFORMANCE. THERE IS A REASON ABLETON DOES NOT RESPOND TO QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS: ITS HARDWARE!!

scheffkoch

Post by scheffkoch » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:49 pm

...since a lot of push2 owners don't have any problems with their units you're not in a position to make recommendations imo...but hey...nice story and very creative username, bro or sis...
macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:36 pm

scheffkoch wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:49 pm
...since a lot of push2 owners don't have any problems with their units you're not in a position to make recommendations imo...but hey...nice story and very creative username, bro or sis...
Agree. Sorry to hear about issues but there will always be isolated cases with every product. If the recommendation was to not purchase something on the basis of anyone having any kind of issue then nothing in the world would ever be sold.

I have owned Push 1 and Push 2 since the release of each and have never had any issues at all so based on my experience I would say DO buy a push as it is pretty good.
Some are simply tighter in the matrix than others, making them stick in the very thing that should guide them towards the sensor underneath.
The pads don't have much vertical travel, they aren't like a press button, they are a pressure sensitive button that is always in contact with the underlying sensor and pressure will change the resistance/capacitance of the contact causing the signal. It could be that some are applying a little too much pressure in a certain position. If you think a pad is sticking you could get some silicon grease and apply it around the edge of the pad (when the case is open) or just make sure the edges of the pads are clean and free from dirt/grease. Cleaning the contacts while open with PCB cleaner is also something I would do as well as the contact surface of the offending pad/s.

If the sensitivity of Push is too low this can happen easily so what is the outcome when you increase the sensitivity (and what do you have it set to)? If it still sticks with a very low sensitivity and you need to really mash other buttons then yeah, something is not right there.

vrisono

Post by vrisono » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:44 pm

Cleaning the contacts while open with PCB cleaner is also something I would do as well as the contact surface of the offending pad/s.
Did you ever cleaning inside of Push 2 by yourself? I recently bought used Push 2 with no longer warranty, i have problem with stuck notes and i'm taking chance to clean it by myself. I have watch video by Mark Fuller about Push 2 teardown and it seems it is not hard to clean.

Confusius

Post by Confusius » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:44 am

It seems to me the quality control on these devices is non-existent. I just received a second Push 2 that's defective out of a box. I'm gonna be sending it back again to get a replacement. I guess I'm just gonna keep sending them back until I finally get a properly working device. That's unacceptable for such an expensive piece of equipment.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:13 pm

What is defective? I've had one for 3+ years now, no issues in all that time

Confusius

Post by Confusius » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:52 pm

jestermgee wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:13 pm
What is defective? I've had one for 3+ years now, no issues in all that time
One of the pads is getting stuck / triggering when not pressed. On both devices it was one of the pads on the right edge (not the same pad though).

vrisono

Post by vrisono » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:11 am

I've managed to find solution for this issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ableton/commen ... solved_it/

dougdi

Post by dougdi » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:07 pm

I’d like to add, I bought my Push 2 in August and returned it because someone already registered its serial number. Both it and it’s replacement were perfect, I’m very happy with it and I think it’s well made.
Doug

sathish394

Post by sathish394 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:37 am

I have same problem. However, my unit has been replaced with new one immediately and its working fine. Thanks to Ableton Support team and the local distributor who acted upon quickly after understanding the customer mood.

masalva

Post by masalva » Sat May 14, 2022 7:24 pm

I'm having the same issue, 2 or 3 pads stay stuck after pressing them, not always but when you least expect it. This is definitely a hardware issue. Pretty surre it has to do with the assembly of the units. My Push 2 also creaks all the time. I've never had any kind of electronic equipment make creaking noises on its own. It's been almost seven years since its release. You'd think they would have solved this by now.

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Sat May 14, 2022 7:57 pm

No issue, had mine for nearly 7 years, with no problem. its just yours.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P