Am I the Only One That Notices This

Discuss Push with other users.
ElectricVibe

Am I the Only One That Notices This

Post by ElectricVibe » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:53 am

When I purchased my Push 3, I quickly noticed that one very important feature was missing. I wish that I had known this BEFORE I purchased it.
Unfortunately there is no way to quickly jump to any point in a song while you're composing it. You have to always start from the beginning.
This can be extremely tedious if you have a song that's 20 to 30 measures in length or so.
How disappointed I was when I found this out. I can't believe that I'm the only one complaining about this.
Does anyone here think that Ableton will rectify this in future updates, or will I have to move on to something else.

Stromkraft

Re: Am I the Only One That Notices This

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:09 am

ElectricVibe wrote:When I purchased my Push 3, I quickly noticed that one very important feature was missing. I wish that I had known this BEFORE I purchased it.
Unfortunately there is no way to quickly jump to any point in a song while you're composing it. You have to always start from the beginning.
This can be extremely tedious if you have a song that's 20 to 30 measures in length or so.
How disappointed I was when I found this out. I can't believe that I'm the only one complaining about this.
Does anyone here think that Ableton will rectify this in future updates, or will I have to move on to something else.
I think they will not. You will have to look into using a third party product to control Arrangement mode better, specifically making use of locators.

I'm using PXT Live from Nativekontrol and its capability to navigate with locators, but this is a product for the original Push. I don't see locator support in nativekontrol's Arsenal product. It could be in there though.

If you have Max For Live there is a good chance there is something.
The Max For Live device Push-ArrangeMode says
"Navigate the Arrangement with markers". I think the developer means locators here, but as I haven't tried this product you need to ask the developer Valiumdupeuple. There's a discussion here: Push-ArrangeMode - control your arrangement view from Push.

I'm not sure why Ableton choose not to support Arrangement mode better, but maybe they felt it was too much of a compromise to have partial support and to have full support was too messy.

I understand you're new here, or you'd know this have been discussed before a number of times.

And, yes, I assume you're not from the future and that you're using Push 2.
Make some music!

Pinner

Post by Pinner » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:18 pm

Stromkraft wrote: I'm not sure why Ableton choose not to support Arrangement mode better, but maybe they felt it was too much of a compromise to have partial support and to have full support was too messy.
Or they are going to come out with a piece of hardware that specifically addresses arrangement tasks. Who knows..

NativeKontrol Arsenal has some arrangement mode functions but does not yet have the ability to move the playhead with the encoders, which would be nice. You can vote for that feature here:

https://nativekontrol.uservoice.com/for ... ement-view

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:38 pm

ElectricVibe wrote:When I purchased my Push 3,
Wow you jumped forward in time to when push 3, was, IF ever released......
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

Skullrattler

Post by Skullrattler » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:20 pm

Sorry but I think you're gonna have to wait for Push 4 or maybe even 5.

merges

Post by merges » Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:16 pm

Looks like this is still true as of Push 3 :D