Audio only coming out of speakers, not headphones?

Discuss Push with other users.
pragmatic84

Audio only coming out of speakers, not headphones?

Post by pragmatic84 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:39 pm

Hello all

I've recently started trying to learn how to use ableton live/push 2. In my currently living situation I don't have alot of time during the day where I can have audio coming out of my speakers and need to listen using my headphones. I started working on a new project and immediately found myself with a problem. When I try to switch audio outputs to my headphones in the windows audio device section it seems like Ableton is completely ignoring it?

let me clarify :

My headphones are wireless so that means that I have to manually switch outputs from my speakers to my headphones within windows (this works fine for any other program)
Within Live I presumed I could just go to preferences > audio and change the output (I was wrong)

All I can see in Live under output preferences is Mono 1 & 2 and Stereo 1/2.

I'm not sure how to fix this issue but I can't imagine its impossible?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

chrk

Re: Audio only coming out of speakers, not headphones?

Post by chrk » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:54 pm

pragmatic84 wrote:All I can see in Live under output preferences is Mono 1 & 2 and Stereo 1/2.
Are you still using this new m-audio "m-track" won't play any sound from speakers, and with the M-Audio ASIO driver, too?

You have to look under driver type = MME/DirectX and audio device to find your headphones. Probably comes with added latency, though.

pragmatic84

Post by pragmatic84 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:58 pm

chrk wrote:
pragmatic84 wrote:All I can see in Live under output preferences is Mono 1 & 2 and Stereo 1/2.
Are you still using this new m-audio "m-track" won't play any sound from speakers, and with the M-Audio ASIO driver, too?

You have to look under driver type = MME/DirectX and audio device to find your headphones. Probably comes with added latency, though.

That did the trick thanks for your help :)

Dr DNA

Post by Dr DNA » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:30 am

Thanks for this guys - saved me too! :)