Push note mode question

Discuss Push with other users.
Dcapili

Push note mode question

Post by Dcapili » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:34 am

Hello guys

Happy Holidays

I encountered something quite irritating (to me in push 2). I do hope though that this is just a mere lack of knowledge on my part and somebody here can help me.

So I have a session open and in this session is meant to be performed live. I am switching from different instruments and recording them on the go.

What i am trying to do is to arm the different instruments using midi mapped commands from a different controller for ease of operation.

What ends up happening though is while at note mode from one synth and changing to a drum pad, the layout of push does not follow. It stays on the scale mode not transforming to the 4x4 drum pad. I need arm it on push first or the laptop for it to change.

My Instruments are grouped and opening the groups to arm it through push is harder

Is there anything I can do to change this? What I want to happen is for push to change layout when I choose to arm a different instrument from a different midi controller

TIA

jestermgee

Re: Push note mode question

Post by jestermgee » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:29 am

Push only displays the feedback for the selected track, not another track you arm unless you switch focus to that track.

AFAIK you cannot auto-select a track when you record arm using a dedicated arm button. Might be something that can be scripted or using MIDI learning or something.