Best colour scheme/system for Push?

Discuss Push with other users.
Citizen

Best colour scheme/system for Push?

Post by Citizen » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:38 am

I've noticed that some colours do not translate especially well to the Push display and buttons in terms of differentiation from other colours. (Browns, oranges, white, black and yellow esp.)

Traditionally, my colour system used a lot of these colours, :oops: because they were logical to me (Brown for bass - because brown notes :P)

Anyway, I was wondering if those more experienced with Push have found a colour system that works optimally to differentiate different types of tracks and clips. OBviously there are a million ways to do this, but I'd be curious to know what others have devised through trial and error.

jestermgee

Re: Best colour scheme/system for Push?

Post by jestermgee » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:35 pm

Not me, i'm colourblind so I have trouble with the colours they choose anyway. When I first bought the LaunchPad MK1 it used a horrid mix of Red/Green/Amber and I simply could not see any difference between a playing clip and a clip set to record. Red is the colour I have issues with. A user on the forums kindly sent me a script so I could change that behaviour and that saved my sanity.

So no, I have no suggestions :(

Citizen

Post by Citizen » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:11 pm

Eeek!

Sorry to hear – that must be a hinderance, to say the least!

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:26 pm

Citizen wrote:Eeek!

Sorry to hear – that must be a hinderance, to say the least!
Yeah, normally when people hear i'm colourblind and assume I see in black and white then start asking "what colour is this..." It's grey, always grey.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:50 pm

They should call it "color confused" a good friend of mine who suffers from this always says :)

Citizen

Post by Citizen » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:20 am

soooo…any tips (or templates?!) for what works best with Push?