Hide Reverb and Delay tracks on Push 2 display w/ Live 10

Discuss Push with other users.
HWright001

Hide Reverb and Delay tracks on Push 2 display w/ Live 10

Post by HWright001 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:05 pm

Hello all! All I'm trying to do is HIDE the 2 default return tracks, A-Reverb and B-Delay on my Push 2 display so that the overall set feels less cluttered when using Push 2 and many MIDI tracks. It's an easy button on Live itself, but not so on the Push 2 display it seems. (I'm talking about the simple 'R' button in Live by toggle Master, I-O, ect.) Again I just want to hide the tracks, not delete them. If there is a super-obvious way to do this I apologize, but I really haven't found anything. Thank you!

Valiumdupeuple

Re: Hide Reverb and Delay tracks on Push 2 display w/ Live 10

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:14 pm

You haven't found because it's unfortunately not possible.

HWright001

Post by HWright001 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:51 pm

That's what I was afraid of. Here's hoping the feature comes in a future firmware update. Thank you for the quick and concise response.

ampfiremusic

Post by ampfiremusic » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:41 am

SOLUTION/FIX:
While it's not possible to hide them as far as I know, you can make the width of a midi track thinner to take up less of your screen.

If you hover your cursor over the left or right vertical ends of the colored title rectangle at the top of a midi track in SESSION VIEW, you'll see your cursor turn into a bracket. Click and drag that end to the left or right to increase or decrease the width of that track.

The original question was from 2018, but I found myself here in 2020 so I figured I'd comment. Reply for clarification if necessary, and let me know if this helps anyone!

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:01 am

ampfiremusic wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:41 am
SOLUTION/FIX:
While it's not possible to hide them as far as I know, you can make the width of a midi track thinner to take up less of your screen.

If you hover your cursor over the left or right vertical ends of the colored title rectangle at the top of a midi track in SESSION VIEW, you'll see your cursor turn into a bracket. Click and drag that end to the left or right to increase or decrease the width of that track.

The original question was from 2018, but I found myself here in 2020 so I figured I'd comment. Reply for clarification if necessary, and let me know if this helps anyone!
Tho the attempted helpful comment is appreciated, I think most know how to resize a track width, the issue here is how to hide RETURN tracks using Push itself, not how to resize tracks using mouse. It's not possible to do on Push, nor really necessary so one has to use their keyboard.

frabo

Post by frabo » Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:56 pm

HI,

I use controllermate for this. Just program some pads in the user settings of push to send key shortcuts!