Easiest way to copy a pad from one drum rack to another

Discuss Push with other users.
Dummy14000

Easiest way to copy a pad from one drum rack to another

Post by Dummy14000 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:20 pm

What's the easiest way to copy a drum pad from one drum rack to another?

Currently, the way that I know to do this is quite cumbersome. I go to the drum rack where I want to copy from, I hold down the ctrl key, then I click and hold on a drum pad, then I drag that over to the channel where the new drum rack is, then after a moment that drum rack for that channel appears and then I move the mouse over to the pads section of the drum rack and find the drum pad I want to copy it to and release.

That process is not easy. I'm looking for something easier.

In an ideal world, it would work the way copying a drum pad works on the same drum rack. If I'm copying a drum pad on the same drum rack, you can hold down the duplicate button on the push, push the pad you want to copy from, then push the pad you want to copy to and you're done. What doesn't work however is trying to do that same process but going to a different drum rack. It would be great if you could hold duplicate, click the drum pad you want to copy, then click the channel button at the top of the new drum rack channel, then click the pad on the new drum rack you want it to copy to. This would be easy. It doesn't seem to do this however.

-
-
-

The end goal that I'm looking to achieve is the "quickest and easiest" way to to create a drum rack for a track. I don't know about you guys but I can burn 2-3 hours just looking for the drum sounds I want. I have thousands of drum samples, and it takes quite a lot of time and effort to find good sounds. What I would like to do is create drum specific drum racks, with 128 samples each on each drum rack. For example, I would make a "kick" drum rack and it would be a completely full drum rack with 128 kick drum samples. I would then make the same thing for snares, hats, cymbals, toms, and other misc drum sounds. Then when I wanted to build a drum set I would load up my kick drum rack and on the push I could audition all of the sounds quickly and easily by just pushing the pads until I found the sound I liked. After finding the kick drum I liked I would copy that kick drum over to the "real" drum rack that I want to use for my song. Then move onto snares, hats, etc. This would be the most ideal workflow I can imagine. Currently I can't get it to work out easily.

I have tried numerous other solutions to building drum racks quickly. There's some tutorial about "the last drum rack you'll ever have to make" where it talks about loading up a ton of samples on one pad and using a knob to cycle through all the sounds. That solution is cute but also pretty cumbersome.

mcbman

Re: Easiest way to copy a pad from one drum rack to another

Post by mcbman » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:11 am

I've been looking for days for a solution as I have the same ideas as you. Let me know if you figure something out, and I will do the same!!!

hertzdonut

Post by hertzdonut » Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:18 am

Bumping this - anyone find anything more efficient??

culu

Post by culu » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:58 pm

Bump bc there’s a new Push and I can’t find a good answer