MIDI-mapping encoders in Session mode

Discuss Push with other users.
[jur]
Site Admin

Re: MIDI-mapping encoders in Session mode

Post by [jur] » Wed May 09, 2018 1:02 pm

Yep, you need M4L to do this.
An other (half)option is to switch Push to user mode where you can midi map your encoders.
Ableton Forum Moderator

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed May 09, 2018 2:35 pm

Correct.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Thu May 10, 2018 5:30 pm

Create a rack that has mappings to all those parameters. Then ‘Lock’ the Push controls to that rack device. This will probably require ClyphX since it requires macros mapped to parameters of other channels. In this case I’d have one rack per channel, each rack has that channel’s parameters assigned. Then place those all within a master rack which has the 8 macros assigned to their corresponding counterparts.

I am not at home right now so I’d ask someone to attempt and show this in practice before letting the tip be the final call in your decision to pick one up.

McAnix

Post by McAnix » Thu May 10, 2018 8:10 pm

If all you want to do is launch clips and control parameters, then get an APC mini/launch pad and a launch control XL. Push is great for sequencing, playing instruments (can take some getting used too, maybe not great) and doing fine adjustments/edits on selected tracks.

McAnix

Post by McAnix » Fri May 11, 2018 8:16 am

antic604 wrote:No, I plan to take full advantage of Push2 in all of its modes, just was surprised such a workflow for "jamming on the clips" wasn't possible in a straightforward way - I'll probably get quickly confused switching between tracks & devices. Or maybe not - I'll find out tomorrow, when I'll pick it up from the store
I love my push2 but unfortunately the switching between layout and views thing is frustrating, from a performance point of view, it's just too much to think about especially if you like live improvisation. I ended up getting extra controllers for this. I would be interested in your setup, how you manage this, please update.