Does Push2 consume CPU/GPU resources for the display?

Discuss Push with other users.
Stromkraft

Re: Does Push2 consume CPU/GPU resources for the display?

Post by Stromkraft » Fri May 11, 2018 3:10 pm

antic604 wrote:Ok, should've googled it, instead of searching the forum:

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... splay-Win-

It's good that it is taken care by the GPU, since CPU time is at premium with DAWs :)
I don't think this is guaranteed though. It really puts me into a difficult position as I've been thinking to get a 2015 MBP without a dedicated GPU as they break in a few years. Which won't be a problem before I get the Push 2; currently on original Push. But people here talk well about it so maybe sooner than I expect I'd want one?
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Re: Does Push2 consume CPU/GPU resources for the display?

Post by Stromkraft » Sat May 12, 2018 12:29 am

antic604 wrote:
Stromkraft wrote:
antic604 wrote:Ok, should've googled it, instead of searching the forum:

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... splay-Win-

It's good that it is taken care by the GPU, since CPU time is at premium with DAWs :)
I don't think this is guaranteed though. It really puts me into a difficult position as I've been thinking to get a 2015 MBP without a dedicated GPU as they break in a few years. Which won't be a problem before I get the Push 2; currently on original Push. But people here talk well about it so maybe sooner than I expect I'd want one?
Are you trying to say it requires discrete GPU? From what I've read it's quite the opposite, ie. by default it runs on embedded GPU (like the ones in i7 processors) and you have to make speciall effort for it to use dGPU.
OK: I didn't know that. I asked about these things over in OSX Push2DisplayProcess CPU usage and I haven't gotten the idea presented well that all graphic cards are supported and if so, if there actually is no Push2DisplayProcess any more in any circumstance.
Make some music!