Push 2 - Loop Length controls are very insensitive

Discuss Push with other users.
substance90

Re: Push 2 - Loop Length controls are very insensitive

Post by substance90 » Mon May 18, 2020 9:09 am

I just got my Push 2 and I’m new to Ableton so I don’t know how the pad sensitivity used to be but I’m finding step editing in the drum sequencer very inaccurate. Steps are always missed when trying to activate several at the same time. I increased the sensitivity to 10 but it didn’t help much.

Compared to my other midi sequencers the Push is unusable for drum sequencing since toggling steps can’t be done fast and accurate.

perilousp

Post by perilousp » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:22 pm

Is this not resolved for anyone yet? I've literally just STOPPED using my Push 2 for drums. Which is a shame, because that was one of my primary planned uses for it...

Again, it's perfectly playable on 64 note mode. So what the hell is going on with the drum sequencer? I've even upgraded to Live 11, but still no resolution. Anyone?

blof_eld

Post by blof_eld » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:04 am

My Push 2 was replaced by Ableton and I just got Live 11. I just noticed yesterday that the loop length controls are much more sensitive now. I can do it with one hand now.

I haven't investigated the step editing yet, might have a go tonight.

I still have to give it a fair push on the loop controls, but it is doable with just my fingers, which I was never able to do before.

football_is_life

Post by football_is_life » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:21 pm

The Push 2 manual literally says, "tap the pads in the step sequencer controls to place notes in the clip where you want them." I cannot tap the pads in the sequencer and have it register anything. I have to HIT the pads HARD, and even then it feels kind of arbitrary whether or not it takes the note. Sometimes I have resorted to PRESSING HARD and HOLDING the pads until they light up.

This totally ruins my flow and makes the step sequencer unusable.

For example, if you want to place your high hats, then a nice tap everywhere in the sequencer you want your high hats would create a nice instrumental type of feel. Hitting the pads HARD, or PRESSING and HOLDING, is not what a high hat feels like.

I emailed tech support but did not hear back. I returned my first Push 2 on the chance it was a defect, but the new Push 2 behaves the same way. I would LOVE it if I could tap the pads on the sequencer and register my notes.