Change default scale layout

Discuss Push with other users.
torbenscharling

Change default scale layout

Post by torbenscharling » Wed May 23, 2018 10:06 pm

Howdy, new'ish Push 2 (and 1) owner here. I would like to change the order (layout) of the default scales, so that I can easily switch between say, "melodic minor" and normal minor" but they are so far apart, that it takes time to scroll back and forth..If I could change the order, those two scales for instance, could be right next to eachother, and thus morph back and forth easily while playing !

Is this possible, if so how do I do it on Push 1 and how do I do it on Push 2 ? i'm on OS X and can do simple scripting if told what/where/how to change :P

Also, I find it so frustrating having to hear everything in C when previewing files

I cannot think why Ableton would design it in such a way when it's a "Live" tool...if I'm jamming in a completely different tone/root note, and browse sounds, samples etc. why not design it so the root note/key of the preview corresponds with the current key you're actually in.... ?! Please tell me Ableton is looking into these kind of things, I have many other gripes but I'll leave it at that for now...

blof_eld

Re: Change default scale layout

Post by blof_eld » Thu May 24, 2018 5:34 am

A simpler option might be to have two channels next to each other using the different scales.

I'm not at home now so can't check, but I believe the scale mode is remembered per-channel.

You could even have the MIDI output from both channels going to a single instrument channel.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu May 24, 2018 1:40 pm

Yes, in Live 10 it is remembered per track.

scheffkoch

Post by scheffkoch » Thu May 24, 2018 2:44 pm

...do you have m4l?...then this here is the solution...:

http://maxforlive.com/library/device/4197/scale-o-mat
macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Thu May 24, 2018 5:46 pm

ClyphX Pro allows this to be recalled per clip....

https://vimeo.com/271067657

Cheers
D

torbenscharling

Post by torbenscharling » Thu May 24, 2018 8:53 pm

I better talk to my bank and get that sh, thanks so much for the suggestions guys, you rock :D