Problems mapping Push 2 to M4L device

Discuss Push with other users.
Stone Guest

Problems mapping Push 2 to M4L device

Post by Stone Guest » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:09 pm

Hi All

Strange MIDI mapping problem here...any ideas greatly appreciated. I’m trying to map Push 2 to a M4L device but it’s not working the way it should. I open the Live MIDI editor (top right hand corner button) and select the M4L device control I wish to map to a Push encoder. Push is in user mode and I touch the encoder I wish to use and the M4L device recognises the encoder. I turn the MIDI editor off and turn the encoder but it’s functioning as an on / off switch only - one touch turns the Max device control on and at maximum, the next touch turns it of and all the way down.

Does this sound like an issue with the M4L device? Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks a bunch!

S4racen

Re: Problems mapping Push 2 to M4L device

Post by S4racen » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:17 pm

What device is it?

Opening the device and looking at the range and steps settings for the dial what does it say?

Cheers
D

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:51 pm

Push has touch encoders that send a note on message when touched and note off when released.
You need to twist a knob in MIDI Learn and turn MIDI Learn off before you release the knob.
The MIDI Mode must be Relative, not Absolute.

Stone Guest

Post by Stone Guest » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:22 am

Thanks for the replies. The Max device is for controlling the Nord Drum 3 http://maxforlive.com/library/device/45 ... leton-live

As it turns out the author sent me a patched version that now maps the Push encoders to all the device parameters. Sorted.

Cheers!

SG