Push 2 + External Synths control issues

Discuss Push with other users.
Helmsmith

Push 2 + External Synths control issues

Post by Helmsmith » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:34 pm

I have 3 external synths, all set up as external instruments on different tracks. They're also each assigned to different midi channels. I want to be able to record CC and note data in Live, with the option of using the Push 2 to control the synths as well. My problem is this:

Scenerio 1: If I set Midi From on each track to Push 2, and the midi channel on each track for each synth, then midi CC automation from the synth hardware doesn't get recorded.

Scenario 2: If I set each track to record midi from All Ins, then I am able to use the Push 2 to control them as well and CC records fine. However, now all the synths are receiving all midi data—so a filter change on one synth will change the filter of the others, for example.

Scenario 3: If I set each track to record midi from each synth's respective channel ONLY, then all synths record note and midi CC data and do not inadvertently control each other. But then I'm unable to use the Push 2 to control the synths.

I'd be hugely appreciative if someone could please help me figure out how I can do the following simultaneously:
- Control all synths with the Push 2 and from their hardware/keys
- Record live midi note and CC automation from the hardware synths on separate channels