Is Push 2 right for me?

Discuss Push with other users.
Sebastian

Is Push 2 right for me?

Post by Sebastian » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:08 pm

Hi

Considering Push 2 or another controller.....

I WONT be composing melodies or harmonies on Push, I use a keyboard for that. Same for beats. Dont NEEED drum pads (at least I wont use up my time learning this initially).

The main thing I need it is for workflow.... to quickly record clips, quickly move to next scene, quickly duplicate scene, rename, change track , arm record, record next clips, lots of undo, . So from that perspective, there many other controllers that can do all this... but Im wondering if Push still has the edge over those?

Thanks

jlgrimes

Re: Is Push 2 right for me?

Post by jlgrimes » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:38 pm

Push 2 would be overkill IMO.

Push 1 might save some money or a Launchpad pro. You might need M4l scripts for some functions like duplicate. I don't know any controller where you can name a track.

The Bulk of Push features are playing melodies or drums and step sequencing. For drums alone it is worth its price as its step sequencer is like no other sequencer I played with.

Push 2 is nice with its display and knobs, but in some instances a smaller controller might be better (if you are cramped on space or need a live portable rig). Push is also good in that it is plug and play where other controllers might involve a bit of setup, templates, m4l scripts to get the most out of them.

lilpoboy

Post by lilpoboy » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:23 pm

I was on the fence about push for a while but seems to be the best controller purchase I've made in a while. I also use a keyboard for chords etc but its really fun to use for basslines and stuff and also the pads are fun for when you chop up stuff. You basically don't need to touch your computer at all once you get the hang of push. Its great. I'm addicted

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:05 pm

Thanks. Hows Push as far as recording workflow on Session view? Like....changing scenes, changing clips, arm record, etc?

lilpoboy

Post by lilpoboy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:04 pm

Sebastian wrote:Thanks. Hows Push as far as recording workflow on Session view? Like....changing scenes, changing clips, arm record, etc?
Its pretty much made for session view in my opinion. You can do all that and no need to touch your computer once you get good.